What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:37 pm

The Japanese version of my favourite GBA game:

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:42 pm

I never got into astro boy on GBA, played it through but just couldn't connect with it.

This week I got project sylpheed and amped 3 for 360 at rock bottom price. Got outbid on all my retro items, ebay seems to be settling down a little though.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Reserved Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 for a tenner on the argos website. I collect it tomorrow. Been after this for ages and was looking for something to spend my gift card on.

In the words of Hannibal from The A-Team: I love it when a plan comes together!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Just received the ultra rare Chinese exclusive Megaman game "Rockman IQ Challenge". Another awesome addition to my Megaman collection.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:I never got into astro boy on GBA, played it through but just couldn't connect with it.

This week I got project sylpheed and amped 3 for 360 at rock bottom price. Got outbid on all my retro items, ebay seems to be settling down a little though.
Agreed - Astro Boy looks great - and I do play it on my DS now and then - but it's fairly hard and doesnt draw you in. If only someone would make a Megaman like game with an easier difficulty curve! I'd buy it tomorrow!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:54 pm

got brutal paws of fury for mega cd £2.70 plus p+p
and prince of persia for £1.10 plus p+p on mega cd
am liking my mega cd games at the moment

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:I never got into astro boy on GBA, played it through but just couldn't connect with it.

Agreed - Astro Boy looks great - and I do play it on my DS now and then - but it's fairly hard and doesnt draw you in. If only someone would make a Megaman like game with an easier difficulty curve! I'd buy it tomorrow!
To do everything on astroboy is a huge challege but for me it was a labour of love and i enjoyed every second

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:36 am

gmintyfresh wrote:
Timothy Lumsden wrote:

To do everything on astroboy is a huge challege but for me it was a labour of love and i enjoyed every second
Any tips on doing everything on Astro Boy? I'm just starting to play the game through and don't want to miss anything if possible.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:58 am

Nothing valuable/rare as such but I was glad to get my copy of Toejam and Earl III for the xbox through the post today off of ebay. Paid little over a fiver for it.

Incidentally, I haven't played the Mega Drive T&E games. Which is the best out of the three (inc. the xbox version)? I'm guessing it'll be the original, huh?

Darthhelmet

Post by Darthhelmet » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 am

Far Cry 2 and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. The last is a classic Rare game, those guys make good games.
Don't hate the gnome, hate the game.
I'm so embarrassed, I wish everyone else was dead. - Bender

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 am

My Japanese Game Gear version of Lemmings arrived this week, mega rare version boxed compete, will have to scan this one for my blog this weekend!

Mainly just completing my Retro Gamer collection as well atm, 3 more issues to go apart from specials and got to get another 3 binders (£25 ouch!)

David

Post by David » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 am

SF2 Turbo for SNES

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 am

AmigaJay wrote:My Japanese Game Gear version of Lemmings arrived this week, mega rare version boxed compete, will have to scan this one for my blog this weekend!
What's the GG version like? Is it similar to the SMS version?

I'm quite a fan of Lemmings.
David wrote:SF2 Turbo for SNES
Did you get the silver tin limited edition version? or the normal one?

Either way .... SF2 Turbo is a quality game!

David

Post by David » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 am

just the cart only, from a shop round from my work.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 am

David wrote:just the cart only, from a shop round from my work.
Cool 8) Still a good game though!
Hours of fun to be had (in my opinion)