What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Garystone10

Post by Garystone10 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am

I'm trying to limit myself to only spending a tenner a week on games this year, in the hope of avoiding any expensive sprees.

I took my 'pocket money' into the city this week and bought the following games.

Master System:
Masters of Combat
Taz-Mania
Action Fighter
The Ninja
Thunderblade
Sega Chess
The Terminator
Robocop vs. Terminator
World Soccer

PC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Special Edition

And I've still got £3 left!

sirclive1

Post by sirclive1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:59 am

Not purchased but downloaded that Doritos T Rex game on xb arcade for free , silly game but owt for nowt !

Also got sonic unleashed for the wii - i dont like buying from asda but £19.79 - i couldnt resist :oops:
Luxor the moonprince - Doomguard Slayer

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 am

Just bought 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 for £3.98 each from game :shock: , asked one of the staff if the price was right before i went to till, and he said yes, same block then served me when i got to the till games scanned at £19:98 each, so he went and spoke to the manager and they sold them to me £4 each. Result :lol:

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Bargain!
I bought Mortal Kombat vs DC on PS3 for £19.99
Prince of Persia was also there for the same price but didn't get that.

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:35 pm

I bought Rock Band AC/DC live this afternoon, and I've already played the 18 songs. I love AC/DC, so it's really fun to play their songs, but they could have released the songs as DLC, as it is only a song pack, with nothing more...
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

Joppers

Post by Joppers » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Spooky wrote:I bought Rock Band AC/DC live this afternoon, and I've already played the 18 songs. I love AC/DC, so it's really fun to play their songs, but they could have released the songs as DLC, as it is only a song pack, with nothing more...
Oooh, I wasn't expecting that to be out before Christmas in the UK, so I'll definitely be popping into Game tomorrow for the 360 version!

Thunderstruck live is awesome!

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:35 am

Just bought an RGB/optical modded NTSC J DC for $100. Really professional mod!

From this seller: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/doujindance

Really looking forward to getting it and hooking it up to my DAC and TV, should sound/look amazing. Though this means I'm going to have to start buying DC shmups again :lol:

Going to be getting an RGB modded DUO RX off him after new year too!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:54 am

oli_lar wrote:Just bought an RGB/optical modded NTSC J DC for $100. Really professional mod!

From this seller: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/doujindance

Really looking forward to getting it and hooking it up to my DAC and TV, should sound/look amazing. Though this means I'm going to have to start buying DC shmups again :lol:

Going to be getting an RGB modded DUO RX off him after new year too!
Stunning work Mr Lar, Ikaruga is going to look amazing!!

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 am

A few more PS3 games today:

GT5p: Finally got down to buying this at rip off price from the store as the only copies in the shops near me are dirty pre-owned ones. So far I'm really impressed, the gfx are quite amazing and the handling is a precise as you could ever want. Gonna really enjoy getting to grips with the tracks before the final release, not taken it online yet but I'm expecting good things!

Crash Commando: This looks pretty cool, not played much of it yet though.

Prince Of Persia: Not played yet but for only £20 in Argos I couldn't pass it up!

Midnight Club LA: Again £20 in Argos, I've been playing a couple of hours of this and so far it's superb, the customisation element is really in-depth. Currently chaving up my GTi Golf mk1 and it looks sweet! The handling of the cars is spot on and is much improved since Dub Edition. The gfx are also really nice, slightly low res but the overall look of the city is very polished and detailed, I've whacked on 100hz motion plus for this game and the game moves like real life! very realistic!

Gonna be downloading Soldner-X later from PSN, looks to be pretty decent from the vids I've seen. Very much like Project X and that cannot be a bad thing.

slightly delayed

Post by slightly delayed » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:09 pm

just won sega ages for the saturn from ebay with any luck it'll arrive before christmas 8)

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:43 pm

The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Mr.Nutz for the MD for a fiver each.

Not bad I reckon.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:27 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Mr.Nutz for the MD for a fiver each.

Not bad I reckon.
Mr Nutz is one of my favourite 2D platform games, certainly boasts some of the best music I've ever heard even to this day (sounds better on SNES but the MD tunes are still nice).

If you work out how to beat Mr Yeti at the end (or even just inflict damage on him!) let me know would you?
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Coopdevil

Post by Coopdevil » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:02 am

Picked up two (well three really) second-hand 360 games for the long Christmas break during factory shutdown.

PGR4 - Bit of a let-down, mostly same tracks as 3, mostly same cars as 3 just slightly different format to the racing. Improves muchly now I've got my hands on my beloved Ferraris.

Lego Indy - Second-hand price in GAME £24.99 but a pawn shop had two copies of the Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda bundle for £20 so got that instead and will pass the Kung Fu Panda disc onto a friend's little lad.

Good fun this, nice puzzles but combat is tedious especially in the bits with infinite respawning baddies.

Coop

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:57 am

My Spectrum version of Lemmings turned up yesterday, great little box, mini Amiga type box with cassette and manual. (£7)
I also won Lemmings 3D PS1 Jap version...
I also received GTA collection PS1 for 99p + £4 P&P, so off to play those classics on my PS3 later, though I'm prepared as I'm used to the fast Dos versions, I remember back then the PS1 version was slow!

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Today:
Gradius V (£12) and Grand Theft Auto III (£3) on PS2
Starfox Adventures on Gamecube(£2)
Jericho (£7) and MGS4 (£15) on PS3.