What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Soul Calibur on Dreamcast (£6)
PGR3 (£5) and Pro Evo 6 (£4) on 360.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:23 am

Unreal Tournament 3 - PC (WOW Its FAST !!)
Killzone Liberation - PS2

mick_aka

Post by mick_aka » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:03 am

sscott wrote:Soul Calibur on Dreamcast (£6)
Crikey! that's a fair old whack to pay for Soul Calibur, you can pick it up complete on fleaBay for 99p :?

Gamestation by any chance?

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:03 am

bought yesterday

Seven samurai 20XX - thank god this only cost me £3, god awful controls, graphics were ok, looks like a mid range PS2 game, but just cant get into it. Kurosawa must have been spining in his grave when this was annouced AND official endorsed by his estate!!

Way of the samurai 2 £4 - not to bad, better then SS20XX, little slow gameplay wise, but slowly getting into it.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Nightbreed

Post by Nightbreed » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:24 am

Last Sunday I bought Virtua Tennis 3, Far Cry & POP: Sands of Time for PC. All For £15. :lol:
Bring back Thingy and Rockford!!! Zzap 64 liberation front!!! :):):)

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:24 am

mick_aka wrote:
sscott wrote:Soul Calibur on Dreamcast (£6)
Crikey! that's a fair old whack to pay for Soul Calibur, you can pick it up complete on fleaBay for 99p :?

Gamestation by any chance?
I know but it was just there ljust looking at me :). The disc was also in great condition (box ok) Haven't seen it on ebay for less than a few pounds exc p+p so I just bought it. Loving the fact that all these first gen 360 titles are now so cheap to pick up. CEX have loads for between £5 and £7.

thl

Post by thl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:37 am

Crazy Taxi 2 and Sonic Adventures for the Dreamcast.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:40 pm

C=Style wrote:
I'm looking to play Perfect Dark Zero co-op with someone but no-one wants to know, bar a load of random Mexicans who are for some strange reason drawn to this game :? If you're up for it then add me!
I'll do some Perfect Dark 0 co-op with you. I never did finish it on secret agent mode (its been a while since I played it but I'm not terrible at it!)
MikeHaggar wrote:Tell me if you want a game of something online then ;)
Got any game in mind? At the moment I'm playing a lot of Guitar Hero 3 and I'd like to go through GOW sometime in Co-op.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Ultros

Post by Ultros » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Taito Legends 2 (PS2)- I have become addicted to PuchiKarat
New Zealand Story (DS)- Stores are evidently not selling these, I had to order mine online

A friend of mine also cleaned out her apartment this week and decided that she never is going to play the Sega Dreamcast. So I ended up with free copies of DOA and KoF. And a random copy of Suikoden V for PS2.
"Ack...seafood soup!"

Loftgroover

Post by Loftgroover » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:20 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
I'd like to go through GOW sometime in Co-op.
if anyone wants to go thru it on insane then add me too! :wink:

I've picked up Vampire Rain for 10 quid on the 360 as I'd never heard of it. good god its rubbish....so will use it to get a few pence off Beautiful Katamari tomorrow...

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 am

Loftgroover wrote:I've picked up Vampire Rain for 10 quid on the 360 as I'd never heard of it. good god its rubbish....so will use it to get a few pence off Beautiful Katamari tomorrow...
Haha. You sure you can get that much for it? ;)

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 am

Recent purchases for me include...

A job lot of 15 boxed Master System games for £10, including Operation Wolf, Choplifter, Castle of Illusion, Action Fighter and Lord of the Sword.

Star Wars Rebel Strike, Eggo Mania and Bloody Roar: Primal Fury for the Gamecube, all around £4-5 each.

For the express purpose of playing Pac-Man Vs on the GC, I got a GBA SP in working but 'well used' condition with 1 game for £13, and a GC to GBA link cable.

A SNES Import Game converter for under £5 (from Amazon of all places) which then prompted me to get the following unboxed Super Famicom carts for about £4 each:

Pac-in-Time, SD Great Battle II, SD Great Battle Soccer 2, Kirby Bowl, Golden Fighter and Sandra No Daibouken.

I'm now considering getting a Super Famicom so I can play them at 60Hz as nature intended ;)

And for the N64 I got Mystical Ninja, S.C.A.R.S. and Robotron 64. So all in all a bit of a Nintendo-fest!

Oh, and I just ordered PS2 Guitar Hero II (inc Guitar) from CEX online for £32 inc P&P. Maybe I'll actually get it this time as I ordered the original GH from there a couple of weeks back and they neither dispatched the order or emailed me to tell me they couldn't fulfil it! :(

merman

Post by merman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Soul Calibur III and Parappa the Rapper 2 for PS2... only a tenner in total at a car boot sale yesterday.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm

I hadn't bought a PSone game for ages because my machine is in my grandmother's back bedroom for storage purposes. However, I now have functioning PlayStation emulation on my PC, so I treated myself to some new stuff. I got Tomb Raider (£2.99) and Ridge Racer Type 4 (£2.99) from Gamestation and Final Fantasy's VII and VIII (£9.99 each) and Mobile Light Force (the Western localisation of excellent Japanese shmup Gunbird, £1.99) from an independent shop in Nottingham the name of which I don't recall.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360