What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 pm

felgekarp wrote:Sega Bass Fishing for the Dreamcast, so I can finally try my fishing controller out and yes I know it works with other games, and some game called Halo 3, not sure if anybodies heard of it though.
Bass Fishing is good, but I prefer Marine Fishing. There's more variety to it and a few real monsters to catch. Great fun, even more so if you start competing for biggest catch with a mate.

Dunno about that other one.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
felgekarp wrote:Sega Bass Fishing for the Dreamcast, so I can finally try my fishing controller out and yes I know it works with other games, and some game called Halo 3, not sure if anybodies heard of it though.
Bass Fishing is good, but I prefer Marine Fishing. There's more variety to it and a few real monsters to catch. Great fun, even more so if you start competing for biggest catch with a mate.

Dunno about that other one.
I've just picked up a Marine Fishing of e-bay on your recommendation, factory sealed as well, I sh*t you not :D
Splink!

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:38 pm

You misspelt that.

It's FACTORY SEALED.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:24 am

GarryG wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Legacy Of Kain: Defiance
I've been looking for that game for ages, and can't find it anywhere!

I'd get it for ether the PS2 or Xbox, I'm not fussy!
Ouch, I saw a huge stack of Xbox copies FACTORY SEALED in a 99p shop in Slough about a year ago, I thought it was a cheap easy to find game to.

I've managed to finally pick up a cheap version of SOUKYUGURENTAI which should be here today, should be great if I drag myself away from Battle Garegga long enough.

I also finally broke down and got Super Mario RPG for a decent price, now I just need to make sure it'll play properly on my Snes
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:56 am

C= 64 Ms Pac-Man PAL
C= 64 Ms Pac-Man NTSC
Apple II Donkey Kong
Atari 8bit Joust
Atari 65XE
TI 99/4A

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:19 am

Just purchase Final Fantasy III for DS, looking forward to it arriving in post :D
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:30 am

Wildnites wrote:Just purchase Final Fantasy III for DS, looking forward to it arriving in post :D
Prepare to lose a lot of time to it, fantastic game. :D
真・豪鬼

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:45 am

Shin_Gouki wrote:
Wildnites wrote:Just purchase Final Fantasy III for DS, looking forward to it arriving in post :D
Prepare to lose a lot of time to it, fantastic game. :D

I am prepared, I have been playing Final Fantasy Tactics for over 61 hours and still got quite a bit to do..... maybe I should finish that before I start III :?
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:27 am

- King or Queen tournament for the 3DO.
- Oneesan to Issho! Janken Paradise. Also for the 3DO, which is a strip version of paper scissors stone. A timeless classic.

- A copy of this:

(I have no idea what it is about!)

one of these:

Which makes playing Street Fighter 2 on the 3DO a pleasure.

and also:

- Johnny Bazookatone 3DO
- Supreme Warrior 3DO
- Phoenix 3 3DO
- Live! 3DO magazine #5 (it came on a disk!)
- Nice body. Sort of a Strip/Slot machine simulator for the 3DO... (still haven't figured it out yet!)
- And a couple of other import titles for the 3DO that I haven't plucked up the courage to ask the Missus to translate yet ;)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:30 am

That pad looks interesting indeed, is it easy to pull off the specials on SF2 with it? I've never seen a pad desgined quite like that before!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:38 am

ShadowMan wrote:That pad looks interesting indeed, is it easy to pull off the specials on SF2 with it? I've never seen a pad desgined quite like that before!
It's funny. There was one that was bundled with SF2 on 3DO, and that's the one that made it to the UK and it makes all moves a lot easier to pull off, the 3DO pad not being the best there ever was.

This one, in the picture above, is a "Gaming Soldier" (i think that's what it says), it's identical to the SF2 one apart from there is no Street Fighter branding on it, although it still carries the Capcom logo.

Apparently they also released one for the Snes. It looks identical again, only it has a SNES connector on it.

It's only good for fighting games to be honest and to be fair only Street Fighter 2. Try and play Samurai Shodown with it and it's useless due to the button positions.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:46 am

cool, I'll get one as soon as I get SF2. And a 3DO! Whats the going price on a 3DO these days? I'm still kicking myself for letting one I saw in gamestation slip through my fingers.
Also is there any point in getting a PAL one, as it states on the boxes that the games are letter boxed, is a NTSC one the way to go?

will2097

Post by will2097 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:27 pm

3DOs are 97% region free. However, some games ; soccer kid, power kingdoms and rise of the robots are region controlled and some Japanese games need the Kanji font which the PAL/American machines didn't have.

Having said that, the speed difference between Street Fighter 2 and Samurai Shodown on a PAL 50hz compared to NTSC 60hz makes the difference between the games being OK and pretty damn good. Especially SS.

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:51 pm

Ordered God Hand, Global Defense Force (both PS2) and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (for PSP). That's my weekend sorted (providing they all turn up!).

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:00 pm

NorthWay wrote:Apple II Donkey Kong
Since I am packing up in anticipation of moving house I saw through a price list from February 1. 1984 (this was before VAT was added to sw in Norway) that passed through my hands. That little gem was NOK 312 then. I shudder at the thought of what it would be in todays money.