What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:59 am

woody.cool wrote:
rtrgrl78 wrote:SimCity 4 - Deluxe Edition from £10.00 Game in Liverpool, much to my annoyance Laptop crashes when you try to start a game :(
WOW! I remember paying full price for Sim City 4 a couple of years ago when it came out - I'm gutted now it only costs a tenner!
Could have got two games for the £15 from their selection, really wanted the double pack of Tomb Raider 1 and 2, had it a few years ago, but borrowed it my cousin and never seen it again :cry: I hope I can get this SimCity 4 to load up on my Laptop, almost reminds of me in the days of waiting for C64 game to load up :roll:

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:43 am

Just bought Gekisha/Photo Boy on PCE Hucard and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for the GC.

Photo Boy is hugely charming and original- it almost comes across as a great lost British 8-bit gem (albeit produced by crazed japs).

Gets an extra point for the Boy's insane fixed grin and unexpected swears.

Jungle Beat is one i've been meaning to try for a couple of years now (I 've even had a set of cheap bongos ready and waiting)- and im only sorry i didnt get this sooner.

The feel and gameplay are really lovely in this- its been stripped down and structured perfectly around the use of bongos. Probably the freshest yet most perfectly old school platformer i've played in years.

Double thumbs up for both.

:D
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:31 pm

i just gooooooot:

True Pinball & Overboard - both PS1 for 80p each!!
aaaaaaaand........

CLAY FIGHTER 63 1/3 and FIGHTERS DESTINY for 3.50 for both.

also got Mike Reid P***y In Boots on vid for 50p. not gaming, but worth every penny as the guy was bloody funny!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:48 pm

i seem to be on a roll at the mo with the bargains....

got today:

Battle Outrun. submarine Attack, Heavyweight Boxing, Populous, Road rash, Great Golf (all Master System) and tale Spin, Quackshot and World Of Illusion for the Mega Drive for £3. the whole lot!!!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:24 pm

NorthWay wrote:Bought 3 of those plug-in-your-tv (batteries not included) 'consoles':
Tried them now.
The Namco one was not bad, but I guess a lot of you know that.
The Sega one was very good I thought. They have crammed a whole MegaDrive into the tiny box, and it can even run off 6V external.
The 20-in-1 looked like a NES or SMS(no?) like thingy (not too fancy, but capable sprites though), but unknown and boring games.

sscott

new games

Post by sscott » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Panzer Dragoon (fantastic), Wipeout (OK) and Sega Rally (great) for my newly bought Saturn. How much would Radiant Silvergun cost (I'm guessing a lot!)
Own many consoles but when you start to own hundreds of games its a pain choosing what to play.

sonic91

Re: new games

Post by sonic91 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm

sscott wrote: Own many consoles but when you start to own hundreds of games its a pain choosing what to play.
I can identify with that.
Fight the good fight of faith,
Lay hold on Eternal life.

-1 Timothy 6:12-

martin_lovick

Post by martin_lovick » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:36 pm

a PlayPal Portable from play asia.... looked like fun for 15 quid!....
and Bioshock

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:38 pm

I bought a PAL copy of Burning Rangers on the Saturn. Fully boxed with instructions and was only £15!
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

StarEye

Post by StarEye » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Not very retro at all, but I just bought Warhawk on the Playstation Store.

sscott

Burning Rangers

Post by sscott » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Heard the game was a classic but have picked up all my saturn games for no more than £2 each (apart from Panzer Dragoon) - is it worth it?

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Lorfarius wrote:I bought a PAL copy of Burning Rangers on the Saturn. Fully boxed with instructions and was only £15!
Heh. Bargain.

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Managed to pick up two good PS1 titles from a local 'chariddy shoppe' on saturday in good nick for £2 each. They are... Speed Freaks and Rapid Racer. The latter one is rare, but it's a great game. Sega Rally... in the form of powerboat racing! Used to rent this one out loads when it came out 10 years ago :)

I bought Speed Freaks because Playstation Power wouldn't shut up about it. They kept on saying how good it was, and even gave it 96%! Nevertheless I had a quick go at it. Good fun, though really it's just another Mario Kart clone.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

JimMiller

Post by JimMiller » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 pm

This past week I got a very good condition boxed Final Fantasy 3 on SNES to replace my cart and I got a boxed Shadowrun(US) also for SNES. Not sure whether to hang on to my UK cart now or to sell it. Picked up a boxed Mega Bomberman and Rocket Knight Adventures for £3 a piece. Also Princess Crown (Jap) for the Saturn arrived today, original release with spine. I'm pleased to have this at last, got it for £34 which seemed a good price. It's not quite as nice condition as I hoped (slight indents on the manual edge from plastic placeholders - does this bother anyone else like it does me?) but it is certainly in very good condition. It certainly plays great :) Burning Rangers is well worth £15 especially when you see ebay prices, probably my best ever bargain (and I rarely get lucky like this) was getting this mint at a car boot for 50p! A bit of a mix there and a fair bit of money spent this week.

machoman

I have bought in the last week:

Post by machoman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:22 am

I have bought in the last week, liberty city stories (PSP), resident evil 4 (PS2)
nintendo 64, GBA, sega, playstation, playstation 2 ownering