What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

CosmoDreamy

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by CosmoDreamy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:42 am

Well, at least I didn’t get overcharged then for it :P
But sometimes you feel it, d'you know how it is
You wake up in the morning and everything thing fits
I'm still hoping tomorrow feels like this
My perfect day~

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:51 am

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:36 am
learnedrobb wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 am
Corpse Killer
Tom ZITOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its a bad game, very bad, did he ever put out anything good?
I have a real soft spot for the Digital Pictures titles. Yes, they are limited in their gameplay, but there is something about them I can't resist.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:16 am

Pokemon Y for the 3DS,
a Pikachu 3DS folio case,
Fantasy Life for the 3DS,
Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii,
Final Fantasy III for the DS,
Kirby: Mass Attack for the DS,

Really pleased to have Mass Attack back in my collection, I played it years ago and really enjoyed it.

I went for Pokemon Y over X just because it has an exclusive Judo Pokemon.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:43 am

DPrinny wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:29 am
CosmoDreamy wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:12 am
FF7 on the PS1, for £19.50. Not bad really considering I'm not in the US, I guess the remake made the value drop or something (was expecting the opposite). All three discs, the box and manual, oh and the FF8 preview demo too.
Thats pretty much what its been selling at for a while
Had been considering selling my FFVII-IX and just buying them digitally but I missed the boat. They used to sell for a lot more for no reason (always been plentiful supply). Might as well just hold them. I do enjoy them anyway.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 pm

I've bought too many Switch games I've not even started yet to even be contemplating this, but I'm looking at Ori and the Blind Forest on the eShop for a tenner... Anyone played it? Thoughts? I generally really like good platform/MetroidVania games, so it seems a good fit.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:28 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 pm
I've bought too many Switch games I've not even started yet to even be contemplating this, but I'm looking at Ori and the Blind Forest on the eShop for a tenner... Anyone played it? Thoughts? I generally really like good platform/MetroidVania games, so it seems a good fit.
Isn't the demo still up?

I tried the demo a while back, it was ok, can't fault the presentation but I was less convinced by the gameplay, specifically the combat, or maybe I just wasn't very good. :lol:

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:14 am

Ah cool, didn't realise there was a demo, but yeah there it was, I've downloaded it to have a try. Trouble with demos though is there have been plenty of games I've ended up loving after not really liking the demo, but I guess at least you get an idea. Thanks :)

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:40 am

Picked up Medievil on PS4 for £10. Mixed feelings about the game, glad I didn't pay full whack for it.

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:41 am

I made my first gaming purchase in months - a flash cartridge for the old Game Boy / Game Boy Color. It'll let me take the GB on trips without having to take a bag full of games with me. It's just a little idosyncratic in regards to save states that'll take some getting used to.
Where logic won't work, I will

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:
It's brilliant, one of those games like Symphony of the Night where character movement just feels so responsive and silky. Really beautiful looking as well. I paid 3.99 on Xbox and it's the bargain of the year so far.

Myself, I've picked up so much Switch stuff on sale it's not even funny, and I've paid no more that four quid for most of it. Went on a full-price spree a week or so ago though and bought Demon's Tilt, Katana Zero, The Messenger and Sisters Royale.
Toe Jam & Earl, Grid, Gods, Puyo Puyo Champions, Onrush and Sonic Jam on Xbox.
Prey DLC for PS4.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:51 am

BellyFullOfHell wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:44 am
Alex79uk2 wrote:
It's brilliant, one of those games like Symphony of the Night where character movement just feels so responsive and silky. Really beautiful looking as well. I paid 3.99 on Xbox and it's the bargain of the year so far.

Myself, I've picked up so much Switch stuff on sale it's not even funny, and I've paid no more that four quid for most of it. Went on a full-price spree a week or so ago though and bought Demon's Tilt, Katana Zero, The Messenger and Sisters Royale.
Toe Jam & Earl, Grid, Gods, Puyo Puyo Champions, Onrush, Pig Eat Ball and Sonic Jam on Xbox.
Prey DLC for PS4.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:51 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:

Toe Jam & Earl, Grid, Gods, Puyo Puyo Champions, Onrush, Pig Eat Ball and Sonic Jam on Xbox.
Prey DLC for PS4.

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Inazuma Eleven 3: Lightning Bolt. To complete the initial 'trilogy'.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Huge Box Edition with a model Tank...: $24!
+
Scars on Broadway CD Album $3.
Scars on Broadway is an American rock band, founded by Daron Malakian of the metal band System of a Down.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:03 am

Sunset Riders- FINALLY saw its first rerelease since the SNES/MD ports on Switch and PS4. Been waiting a long time to be reunited with this game and can happily say, it still holds up.

Oh and the first 3 Seasons of Walking Dead were £3-ish on Switch so nabbed those too.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.