What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pratty

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by pratty » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:37 am

Bravely Second, partly in inticipation of the upcoming Switch game.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:24 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:57 pm
Yes, I've got on all right but again Space Invaders is fairly simple so could be a factor, I tend to support it with my ring and middle fingers and my thumbs under it using my index fingers to work the stick and buttons and my hands are fairly large, usually atleast an XL in gloves, eventually it will probably live more in a Garage Diaorama if I ever get around to finishing the structure.
Think like with Funkos they are just things to put on the shelf, even that PONG mini I got ended up on the shelf.

FOR NOW!................

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 am

Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night for the Switch,
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for the 3DS.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:51 am

My friend Dazrael gave me a bumper bag of PS3 and GameCube games.

Ketsui which is quite possibly the hardest and manliest cave game I’ve ever played
Guilty Gear XX jap
Killer is Dead awesome all female cover
Mario Sunshine
Ni no kuni sealed
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom
Street Fighter vs Tekken
Several others Yakuza games etc

Gentleman and a scholar
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:26 pm

Yakuza Remastered Collection arrived from Amazon today. Half forgot that it was releasing this Feb so it was a nice surprise! Still got a way to go on Kiwami 2 before I get into these though. Looking forward to playing 3 again, without all the cuts/censors that the original PS3 version had.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:21 am

Argos have them for £225, so I treated my self

Will be bunging a PS2 (With OPL and a HDD loaded with arcade games) on the inside because sod MAME

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 am

Nice, could you see how it handles pre conversion? Smyths had several of them when a mate dragged me there Pop hunting and I was intrigued.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am

Sega2006 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 am
Nice, could you see how it handles pre conversion? Smyths had several of them when a mate dragged me there Pop hunting and I was intrigued.
I will be checking it out pre making better. They arent ment to be top notch quality, but for the price its hard to build for less
Was going to try to import a few as I know someone that brings shipping containers to the UK, but the savings are minimal.

Pop hunting? does it involve.........I would say killing them, but you can not kill what has no soul

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Good price on that Prin. Had a look at these in Smyths a few weeks ago, look decent for the money and ripe for conversion, especially the SF2 cab since it has more sticks and button options than the other models. Be interesting to see inside one if you don't mind posting pics, to get an idea of internal boards/wiring/connections.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:47 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am
Sega2006 wrote:
I will be checking it out pre making better. They arent ment to be top notch quality, but for the price its hard to build for less
Was going to try to import a few as I know someone that brings shipping containers to the UK, but the savings are minimal.

Pop hunting? does it involve.........I would say killing them, but you can not kill what has no soul
I would love to cremate every single one of the sodding things but sadly no, he collects and sells them and as muggins here tends to be the only one that drives during the day (although not for much longer) I tend to get dragged along.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:47 pm
DPrinny wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am
Sega2006 wrote:

I would love to cremate every single one of the sodding things but sadly no, he collects and sells them and as muggins here tends to be the only one that drives during the day (although not for much longer) I tend to get dragged along.
Are you ready?

No no I mean ARRRRE YOOOOOU READDDDDDYYYY!!?
The next fad is going to be cosplaying ducks.
Already sick of people going on about them online

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:55 pm

I don't find them as horrific as the Pops in appearance despite not acctually being capable of floating, it's the norm though, one bit of tat carrys on from another eventually just being landfill fodder, I remember the fast succession of them through the 90s and people paying stupid amounts on Beanie Babies and Pokemon cards for them to only be worthless within a few years.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Just like putting together flat pack furniture
ts together,
First issue I have seen is the volume control, three levels Off med and bit louder
Next is missing sound effects, played SSF2 enough times to know its missing quite a few, could it be because its mono?
Also, it has nothing on the inside, I will be sorting this as I really want to reinforce the sides, maybe add some weight.
It wants you to have the power brick on the outside of the cab, bollocks to that, will be rooting out a longer 8 cable
Button layout is a thing, but only for me

I need to tidy that part of the living room (AGAIN!)

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:20 am

I've had a crap couple of weeks, so thought balls to it and splurged on myself for a change. The haul for the last week or two:

Bells & Whistles, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Dragon Ninja, Saint Dragon, Grip - Switch Digital
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Switch cart
Street Fighter 30th, Judgement - PS4 disc
C64 mini
Capcom Home Arcade
Hori Split Pad Pro

The Capcom Home Arcade is pretty sweet, I'm hoping it's hacked at some point though.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 am

Hey Prin, Looks like it'd bug me on the buttons too tbh, they aren't curved to match the fingers on your hand like alot of actual cabs do, its possible the guts are generic so think they are outputting to a stereo TV and they haven't put something in to switch to mono so you're down a channel.