What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gman72

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by gman72 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:39 am

DPrinny wrote:Then you realise that arent XboxOne games................
Yes I know they are not xbox one games. I own a PS4 and now 2 Xbox Ones. The Xbox One S is for my bedroom to go with the 4K TV we have in there now. Game saves auto back up to the cloud so are on either console no matter which machine I save my game on. I have purchased quite a few Xbox games recently so I thought I'd better catch up on some PS4 play. The Xbox One S comes with Gears 4 also so its current gen bliss all round...

I'm amazed how small the Xbox One S is... excellent.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:22 am

I didn't realize that game saves could be multi-plat! Are there many games that use that feature?

I picked up the limited edition Gal Gun set for Vita.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:06 pm

Rayne wrote:I didn't realize that game saves could be multi-plat! Are there many games that use that feature?

I picked up the limited edition Gal Gun set for Vita.
rouge legacy is cross save
This guy are sick

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:39 pm

Received my Japanese import copy of Yakuza 6 this week. That's my Xmas sorted.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Rayne wrote:I didn't realize that game saves could be multi-plat! Are there many games that use that feature?
That's not what I meant. I meant just between my two Xbox consoles. I install the same games on both... but each time I save a game on one it backs up to the cloud, so when I play the same game on my other xbox it downloads all the saves from the cloud and your good to go. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

sanddancer

Post by sanddancer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:55 pm

This is all the stuff i have picked up this week, neo geo pocket with games was £50 , gameboy pocket and pokemon was £35 and the best deal was the gamecube with all the games +gameboy player for £15 from a local carboot sale. But really enjoying the neo geo color it seems like a great little handheld.

Edit: Forgot about this all from local charity shops for a £1

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:51 pm

I have been after the G&G on gameboy for ages. How does it play.

sanddancer

Post by sanddancer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:03 am

I'm not sure yet mate haven't had a chance to play it, looks like it's never been out the box as the cardboard tabs r still intact in the inner cardboard insert. But I have heard it's good and maybe a little bit easier then other versions so that's a plus lol

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:32 am

RodimusPrime wrote:I have been after the G&G on gameboy for ages. How does it play.
Basically its the NES port of GnG except that they've fixed up the frame rate from the 30FPS it was on the NES to 60FPS. So basically its now insanely smooth, its a huge step up in that regard. There are a few changes to a couple of enemies which can frustrate - the 3rd and 4th bosses cannot be damaged by the knife (so if you end up with the knife your fucked, which sucks as that's the best weapon for the rest of the game). Have the Lance (I believe) else you have to use the flame torch (aka worst weapon in the game) to beat those bosses. Then there seems to be a few moved power ups making the game slightly harder - armor pickups on the final level seem to have been moved/removed so it makes things harder than usual. It also has passwords to save your progress, which is very handy especially if your going for the real ending.

Also, excellent pickup. The game is worth a ton especially if its complete AND the Euro version.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Looks like I got some reading to do

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 pm

sanddancer

Post by sanddancer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:39 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:I have been after the G&G on gameboy for ages. How does it play.
Basically its the NES port of GnG except that they've fixed up the frame rate from the 30FPS it was on the NES to 60FPS. So basically its now insanely smooth, its a huge step up in that regard. There are a few changes to a couple of enemies which can frustrate - the 3rd and 4th bosses cannot be damaged by the knife (so if you end up with the knife your fucked, which sucks as that's the best weapon for the rest of the game). Have the Lance (I believe) else you have to use the flame torch (aka worst weapon in the game) to beat those bosses. Then there seems to be a few moved power ups making the game slightly harder - armor pickups on the final level seem to have been moved/removed so it makes things harder than usual. It also has passwords to save your progress, which is very handy especially if your going for the real ending.

Also, excellent pickup. The game is worth a ton especially if its complete AND the Euro version.
I've taken a picture of the condition of it like i say i dint think its ever been out the box, how can u tell if it's the euro version?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:45 pm

You should have 'EUR' coding on the box and cart.

It should definitely be a European version anyway as there is no awful ESRB logo which would likely be on the US version. Also, that pink triangle at the bottom corner of the manual is one of the European colour codes.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:49 pm

I picked up a standard version of the newest Hyperdimension Neptunia game on Vita (Segadimension something or other?). Can't wait for it to arrive!!