What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Shinobi

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Shinobi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:53 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:

The girl was a new character created for the show. The guy with the bond hair and square jaw is Simon Belmont.

I actually used to love it as a kid, just to see the cameos of characters from other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5N2dgN ... WiabfKeRmc
Just watched your YouTube link and its all coming back to me still think Megaman looks nothing like Megaman.. What's Egg Plant Wizard off sure I saw something that looked like him on Nes Kid Icarus..

I remember Cut Man being in there as well
Eggplant Wizard is indeed from the Kid Icarus series. The original 6 Mega Man 1 bosses, and the Mega Man 2 bosses (I believe) all turned up in the series along with Dr Wily (who was Mother Brains lacky in a few episodes).
Was Megaman green on the American Megaman games or just some weird decision on the cartoon? I remember the robot masters looking good on the cartoon..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Shinobi wrote: Was Megaman green on the American Megaman games or just some weird decision on the cartoon? I remember the robot masters looking good on the cartoon..
Mega Man has always been in blue in every region, even the terrible USA boxart managed to get his colour right! It was just a weird design choice the series took, I mean look at Belmont - he looks nothing like his videogame counterpart at all in Captain N.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am

on wii:
mr bean,mario london 2012,mario strikers,sonic the secret rings,wii play,game party,guiness world records,fishing frenzy,reel fishin,yugioh 5D's wheelie breakers, ultimate board games collection and wonder world

on ps4:
warhammer the endtimes vermintide and umbrella corps

on ps3:
resident evil 5 gold,quake wars and resident evil operation racoon city
This guy are sick

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:38 am

Atari 2600 Jnr with a very tatty box, 2 sticks, all leads and 4 games; Pole Position, Solaris, Stargate and Midnight Magic all boxed for £3
Going Solo...................

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Capcom wise I got Captain Commando (SFC) and Wonder 3 (Saturn):
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Vita wise I got Exist Archive and Sega Hard Girls:
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:16 pm

[quote="ShadowMan]

Captain COMMANDO my Snes holy grail along with Undercover Cops and King of Dragons gave up getting them for a cheap price.. Does the Super Famicom have the violence intact I.e Sho cutting people in half when they're energy is depleted? Also I heard the rideable robots are missing from the Snes game, the Snes conversion of Knights of the Round Snes allowed you to ride horses to deal extra damage surely the robots such he left intact?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Shinobi wrote:[quote="ShadowMan]

Captain COMMANDO my Snes holy grail along with Undercover Cops and King of Dragons gave up getting them for a cheap price.. Does the Super Famicom have the violence intact I.e Sho cutting people in half when they're energy is depleted? Also I heard the rideable robots are missing from the Snes game, the Snes conversion of Knights of the Round Snes allowed you to ride horses to deal extra damage surely the robots such he left intact?
[/quote]

I've given CC a quick try, and I can't pull off Sho's violent finishers myself, seems like they cut them out. Also, while I've not played the game all that much, I remember a mech being present at the end of stage 1 in the arcade version that is completely absent in the SFC version. Also, the SFC version isn't as smooth (performance wise) as the arcade version. I imagine the Playstation version should run way better, and not suffer from any cuts. I'll have to give that version a try when I get the chance.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:51 pm

A boxed original X Box with 2 pads etc for a fiver.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:28 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Shinobi wrote:[quote="ShadowMan]

I've given CC a quick try, and I can't pull off Sho's violent finishers myself, seems like they cut them out. Also, while I've not played the game all that much, I remember a mech being present at the end of stage 1 in the arcade version that is completely absent in the SFC version. Also, the SFC version isn't as smooth (performance wise) as the arcade version. I imagine the Playstation version should run way better, and not suffer from any cuts. I'll have to give that version a try when I get the chance.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Just before you enter the bank and fight Dolg somebody smashes through the door riding one, there's another 3 of those robots on Stage 4 in the circus tent.. They don't feature often so prehaps left out..
Sho will cut them in half providing his last hit is with the sword I thought the female thugs may have been immune to this as you couldn't dismember them in the arcade either.. I imagine Mac the Knifes gory finishers are also gone.. Something tells me the last boss Genocide has probably been renamed as well on the pal version he's called Scumiside

The PS1 version was nigh on arcade perfect

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Me I bought Kim Possible DS and Outrun Coast 2 Coast PSP £1 each.. And uppers PS. It's in shadowmans recomendation

LonDan

Post by LonDan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Bought the not-very-good-but-increasingly-hard-to-find Flower, Sun and Rain on the DS from Cash Converters
Contact on the DS for a couple of quid on eBay
Metroid Prime Hunters Demo (literally so I can put the demo cart from the OG DS VIP set into something before I lose it)
MGS: V on the Xbone - it's the 4th game I have bought for it, the other being Rare Replay, Halo: MCC and Fallout 4 - spot the pattern.
and finally managed to get a copy of Yoshi's Island on the SNES for less than 30 quid. Looks like the cart will need a bloody good clean sadly.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 pm

This for a fiver from a charity shop

They did have Terranigma on SNES in there too for £80 CIB. Someone picked it up though
Last edited by Black Ridge on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Flashback on the Megadrive for 80p

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Popped in crack convertors they were just reducing the prices on all there last gen games.Picked up all for the wii

Scarface 25p
Metroid prime 3 99p
Zelda twilight princess £1.49
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: