What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Treguard

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Treguard » Mon May 09, 2016 9:48 am

Shinobi wrote:A mint boxed Vectrex still has manual and even the Minestorm Overlay 3 mint boxed games even the overlays are still in there envelopes and 2 other cib games Spike and Fortress of Nazod which are quite worn as the guy said they where his favorite games and he played them all the time, also a 72 in 1 cartridge which had stuff like Frogger and Zero Wing
You have a working Vectrex and I don't. We cannot be friends anymore :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:05 pm

MK vs DC Universe (PS3)
Aladdin (SNES)
Toki (Lynx)
Robo Squash (Lynx)

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Mon May 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Big Tournament Golf is the Japanese name for Neo Turf Masters, and I saved myself €15 just because of that label.

Puzzle Bobble is a bootleg, created from a sacrificial Art Of Fighting cart. I'll probably keep it anyway because as it turns out, bootlegs seem to vastly outnumber originals for that particular game.

Real Bout Fatal Fury was suffering all kinds of graphical glitches due to very dirty pins. We're talking the full range - problems with the lower and higher address lines for C ROM, lower address line problems for S ROM, as well as the data lines for C ROM. It took a few goes with the isopropyl alcohol, but the cart is now working correctly and my only problem is with the rather tough AI.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Shinobi wrote:A mint boxed Vectrex still has manual and even the Minestorm Overlay 3 mint boxed games even the overlays are still in there envelopes and 2 other cib games Spike and Fortress of Nazod which are quite worn as the guy said they where his favorite games and he played them all the time, also a 72 in 1 cartridge which had stuff like Frogger and Zero Wing
Thats ace. Have to admit, I've always wanted to play on one. Something that I've never had the chance to have a go on and always thought they looked great. Hope you enjoy it :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 12, 2016 6:46 pm

A very nice condition copy of Black for the PS2. Thought I'd better buy one since I'll be selling all my Xbox stuff soon, the Xbox version of Black included but I will definitely be wanting to replay the game again. Only cost a few quid too - robbery for such a great shooter :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 pm

Yes after seeing CGR's review on youtube I got Black and thought it was great. Took me years on-and-off to beat the final section (and I've still no idea what the "story" was).

Ive recently got a DS Lite and some GBA games. Currently playing Super Mario Advance 2 aka Super Mario World.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu May 12, 2016 9:49 pm

Downloaded Rocket League on PS4. Knowing it's been free on PS+ and likely a regular sale title, I feel a bit stupid paying full whack...but I know I'll get my money's worth, so hey ho :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm

This arrived today for my Vita:

Oddworld New and Tasty - Only a couple of thousand copies were made for the Vita, so I'm really happy I managed to pick up a copy. Really looking forward to playing it soon.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat May 14, 2016 10:16 am

One of the last few games I will be picking up for a while, looked a decent price, not sure what to expect:

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Sat May 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Dreamcast VMU, PS1 memory card, Mega Bomberman (SMD), T2: The Arcade Game (SMD). £18 the lot.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat May 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Risen 2 (360), £1.99 from GAME. Fight Night Champion (PS3, £1.99) and BlazBlue Calamity Trigger (360, £1.60), both from Cash Converters. And the uncut Arrow DVD of the original Dawn Of The Dead for £1.99 from That's Entertainment cos my mate nicked my other copy.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon May 16, 2016 7:31 am

I pre-ordered the PS4 release of Caladrius.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 16, 2016 9:50 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:One of the last few games I will be picking up for a while, looked a decent price, not sure what to expect:

Expect good things! It was absolutely one of the best new series' to come out of the last gen with an original take on the strategy/action hybrid, exquisite presentation and such a well realised world and characters. It was also easily the best of the trilogy (the other two games being PSP sequels).

I won't be picking up the remaster because I already have the original + all the DLC on PS3 already but I hope it does well. Can't wait for the brand-new installment which is on its way!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 am

Megamixer wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:One of the last few games I will be picking up for a while, looked a decent price, not sure what to expect:

Expect good things! It was absolutely one of the best new series' to come out of the last gen with an original take on the strategy/action hybrid, exquisite presentation and such a well realised world and characters. It was also easily the best of the trilogy (the other two games being PSP sequels).

I won't be picking up the remaster because I already have the original + all the DLC on PS3 already but I hope it does well. Can't wait for the brand-new installment which is on its way!
Cool!! Thanks for the info, hoping to get round to it after finishing AC:Syndicate, fancy playing something a little different to the norm and this looks like it. I really liked Ring Of Red on the PS2, this seems to have a similar vibe, but different game play.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Impulse bought DOOM on PS4, GAME seemed to add a few bits in too including a nice little handbook and poster. Look forward to giving it a try.

Once a 5 GB day one update downloads :|