What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

HisNHer_LP

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by HisNHer_LP » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 am

Sel Feena wrote:Gravity Rush Remastered and Resident Evil Origins Collection

Gravity Rush looks really charming, but the controls feel kind of awkward. It feels like movement should be a lot more graceful instead of a stop-point-start setup.

Gutted that they got rid of the gloriously cheesy FMV intro in RE! It was perfect.
I have Gravity Rush onthe PSVita as apart of the Plus Deal, really want to give it a spin but kept forgetting about it, now tempted to just go for the PS4 version maybe.... Have you tried the Vita version and how does it port?

Really want Resident Evil, loved them games back in the day and im gutted the FMV has gone :( Loved the whole profile thing they used to have when you left the game running.

Anyone know a good price online for RE?

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:31 am

22 quid for RE and RE0 bundled together from Amazon, well worth it imo. Haven't played the Vita version of GR, if it did make use of touch controls I can see that working really well.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Sel Feena wrote: Gutted that they got rid of the gloriously cheesy FMV intro in RE! It was perfect.
Pretty sure it was gone in the Gamecube remake (which this is a HD version of). Glad I still have the PS1 originals though if I remember rightly, the FMV of the PAL version was edited anyway (one version has some smoking in which was cut for us and I'm pretty certain the first zombie scene is cut in some versions so that you don't actually see it eating).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:11 pm

Used an argos voucher to get Dead or Alive Dimensions & Steel Diver new for 87p. That'll do nicely!

Also not strictly a purchase but a friend of mine gave me Dragonball Z: Extreme Butoden on 3DS for my birthday! Looks like it'll be a fun game.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:47 am

The final 360 beat em up I'm after.

Also these :-

fouldsc

Post by fouldsc » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:52 am

Dreamcast for £15 - no idea what games to get now though !

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:04 am

AceGrace wrote:
I'll have to grab me a physical copy of Giana Sisters. Absolutely loved playing through the game over Xmas with my digital copy and would love to have a physical copy of the game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 am

Is it good then?

I grabbed it because it was cheap and because I thought it might be one of those games in the future that is hard to find. :D

David

Post by David » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:45 am

Uncharted 2

WWE 2k14

3.99 each

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:16 am

AceGrace wrote:Is it good then?

I grabbed it because it was cheap and because I thought it might be one of those games in the future that is hard to find. :D
I really loved it. First world is a bit so-so, as its too simple level design wise for my liking. The rest of the game has level design that gets more clever as you go, which makes the most of the "switching between dimensions" gimmick. Also, I felt the extra modes (speed run, score attack, no death) were a far better way to experience the game, as each mode let me play the game at a faster pace. Its one of those that really surprised me as I'd owned it a couple of times before (PC, Xbox Live demo) and it just never clicked with me. This time it did click and I'm glad it did. Oh, and it also contains a load of extra content over the last gen version so that's always good.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Pointman

Post by Pointman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:04 am

Considering I was going to start curbing my gaming spend this week has sent that notion down the toilet. I picked up:

Gravity Rush (PS4)
Darius Burst (PS4...a crazy double dip!)
Hori RAP 4 (PS4)

The stick is in preparation for the return of our favourite fighting series next week. The last game I'll pick up this month should be Raiden V on the 25th. That should keep me nicely until the next weak gaming moment.
Super Secret Bovine Bonus!

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Final Fantasy Explorers for the 3DS

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Dreamcast from David on here.

Call of duty advanced warfare PS3 £5
Skylanders PS3 and portal £5

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sel Feena wrote: Gutted that they got rid of the gloriously cheesy FMV intro in RE! It was perfect.
Pretty sure it was gone in the Gamecube remake (which this is a HD version of). Glad I still have the PS1 originals though if I remember rightly, the FMV of the PAL version was edited anyway (one version has some smoking in which was cut for us and I'm pretty certain the first zombie scene is cut in some versions so that you don't actually see it eating).
Wesker smoking and the half eaten head rolling along the floor when you encounter the first Zombie where only on the Jap version of the PS1 and stupidly removed from the Pal version.. Wish I still had my PS1 version as I think it's superior, the Gamecube remake changed all the dialogue, 'Wesker come across as a first class censored in the PS1 version, such as when they first enter the Mansion and the gunshot - and Wesker says to Jill "Maybe it's Chris" So much quotable dialogue, and a guy who sounds like Gonzo of the muppets.. The remake is just a slog that unkillable Monster woman Lisa something, Zombies who if not burnt come back as super running red head zombies, and the door with just 3 uses..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:47 am

Megamixer wrote:
Also the you saw the dismembered hand on the gun fully. The dog attacking and ripping the throat of the stars member. One of the dogs eyes popping out from being shot.

Strangely the UK PC version of the game had the uncut intro.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlRvYevvS00