What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

David

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by David » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:48 pm

like Marko, AND based on an obscure cartoon?

that is a cartridge full of awesome.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Assault Rigs, Toshinden 4 and Wu-Tang Taste The Pain all for PS1.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:51 am

picked up a spare gamesboy advance sp from a charity shop the other day for a fiver :-) that will live in my bag now for the journey to work :-)

This little fella turned up the other day too :-) Thanks to mr GunstarHero - massively appreciated mate, he is now currently sat on the living room shelves like some kind of overlord

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:45 am

Its arrived and
ITS SO ICKLE!!!!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:17 am

I picked up this after loving the first episode:

William S

Post by William S » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:40 am

Bought Super Mario Maker and a PS4.
ImageImageImage

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:34 pm

GTA 5 (PS4) - Completed the story on the PS3 and fancied another open world game to play over Xmas, was considering Just Cause 3 but it looks a bit samey and will probably pick it up when it is cheaper.

David

Post by David » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Street Racer (MD)

99p off eBay cause the cart label is a bit scruffy.

box isnt too bad so thatll do me nicely

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

I bought a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 for £4.99 new. I was left disappointed when I originally played it a year ago but for that price I'm willing to give it another go and see if it 'clicks' this time.

Now I just need a cheap copy of Infamous: Second Son. Completed that twice and I'm definitely ready to play it again :)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Rayne wrote:I bought a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 for £4.99 new. I was left disappointed when I originally played it a year ago but for that price I'm willing to give it another go and see if it 'clicks' this time.

Now I just need a cheap copy of Infamous: Second Son. Completed that twice and I'm definitely ready to play it again :)
i traded this and WWE 2k15 in not too long ago they where both disapointing games i used to love killzone 2 on the ps3 but killzone sf was a bit poor sadly
This guy are sick

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:17 pm

stayAwhile wrote:
Rayne wrote:I bought a copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall on PS4 for £4.99 new. I was left disappointed when I originally played it a year ago but for that price I'm willing to give it another go and see if it 'clicks' this time.

i traded this and WWE 2k15 in not too long ago they where both disapointing games i used to love killzone 2 on the ps3 but killzone sf was a bit poor sadly
Same! Killzone 3 was an absolutely brilliant shooter, I played that endlessly on PS3. Shadow Fall was such a disappointment in comparison. I remember getting to a large forest area and being left with no direction or objective. Will have to try it again to see if I overlooked something last time.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Rayne wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:

Same! Killzone 3 was an absolutely brilliant shooter, I played that endlessly on PS3. Shadow Fall was such a disappointment in comparison. I remember getting to a large forest area and being left with no direction or objective. Will have to try it again to see if I overlooked something last time.
yeah the story bored me on shadow fall but i thought ok it was the online i was hooked to on killzone 2 then i played that and was like nah am gunna go play call of duty ghosts
This guy are sick

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:04 am

My latest Pick ups

Altered Beast was very kindly given to me for free by Rodimus Prime no Megadrive is complete without Altered Beast, brilliant conversion of a pretty good arcade game.. Dragons Fury was £5 posted BIN from Ebay, swapped the other games with friend

Gamecube stuff was kindly have me for free by Flatapex Gamecube stuff and pads where swaps I did with Nokgod who also gave me Darken Skye as we been talking about it a lot va pm:) my sister gave me Kikikaikai Pocky and Rocky think it my have been mine originally.. Lynx was from Ebay £40 buy it now with 4 games and the awesome screen, Chips Challenge was 70p of Amazon UK, most expensive was GBA Beat the Beat £20 from Japan, SNKvs Capcom was a freebie from Megamixer really the generosity of this forum knows no bounds
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:18 am

Season Pass 3 for DOA 5LR, almost forgot there's a new character coming in a few months. I'm actually kind of OK with this DLC model TN have got going on, if you don't want to play dress-up you can just ignore it all without hurting your experience. It is poor form to introduce chars via DLC at this point though, unless they're set to release DOA5 LR NO REALLY THIS TIME WE MEAN IT.

Just Cause 3! Anyone worried about the reports of bad performance, at least on PS4, can relax. The load times are decent overall, apart from when the game first fires up. This game is great fun, just an excuse to go mental and cause havoc, and the movement system is terrific. If Spider-Man ever got a taste for guns and went postal, this would be what it looked like. EXPLODE/10, seriously loving it from the start.

Xboxplaystation

Post by Xboxplaystation » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:59 am

Went out with the wife yesterday to get each other's presents ( now the kids are done)
And she got me, the Star Wars battlefront ps4 bundle which came with the uncharted collection and Fifa 16 which I promptly went round the corner to cex with and traded it in and got killzone sf and infamous second son.
No pics cos she has already wrapped it.