What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

shiftytigger

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:49 am

I got Ultimate MvsC3 last year and sold it after a day,hated it. Yet something in me wants to try it again. However at the stupid money Cex are asking , I'll stick to MvsC2 on my Dreamcast.

sidney

Post by sidney » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:10 am

My birthday saw the arrival of an Xbox One and some games to play on it, Rare Replay...nice!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:28 am

Today was a very good day:

Game Gear -
Olympic Gold
Jurassic Park
George Foreman's KO Boxing
Sonic Triple Trouble (SO SO SO happy to finally get this one!)

N64 -
Blast Corps :D
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

PS1 -
Donald Duck Quack Attack
Speed Freaks
Road Rash Jailbreak (I know it's not very good but I had to complete the PS1 trilogy)

DS -
ATV Quad Frenzy

MD -
Altered Beast (because a Mega Drive collection without this is somehow lacking)
Moonwalker

SMS -
Chuck Rock
California Games
Robocod

David

Post by David » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 am

where did you get all of them?

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:45 am

Footy Manager 2016. It had to be done. No to decide whether I take Grimsby or Tranmere to european glory...

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:17 pm

David wrote:where did you get all of them?
The Game Gear games and Vigilante 8 were from a pawn shop called The Exchange. Thought I'd got a bargain with Triple Trouble for a minute but it seems eBay values have gone down on it recently. Still not a bad price though.

DS game was from CeX, everything else was from Pixels which only opened in September but has rapidly become my most favourite shop of all time.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Picked up Sega Mega drive collection for PSP for £2.99 today.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Treguard wrote:Footy Manager 2016. It had to be done. No to decide whether I take Grimsby or Tranmere to european glory...
Grimsby
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:26 pm

A boxed Atari 7800

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:17 pm

AceGrace wrote:Decided that I needed all these on the 360 despite owning them all already on PS3!?!?!?!?! That's how my brain works. :lol:

oh and one for the PS3 despite already having it on PS4.

:D
I am known to do the same(you could argue its for being able to always get a good online game?!) also i notice you collect variant coveers and all the various street fighters too(at least i think thats the variant cover SF4 i see and not the orignal cover i can't remember) I also do the same with dvds and blu rays "oh this dvd has a green cover but i have it with a red cover ... its worth it for a pound" or "oh this dvd has 2 moviesi do have and one i dont have ratehr then buy the stand alone dvds i'll just get this 4 in one set cause collections and stuff" or in the case of dr who dvds later re-releases add featurettes but take away old one.

my worst habit though is selling games for a system cause i dont play it much then wanting to play it once ive sold them(but hey i'd rrather not become a hoarder and stay as a collector who has limits and a ncie tidy collection)
This guy are sick

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:12 am

Witcher 3

Looks like this one's going to be damn epic, I'm going to be disciplined for once and go back to Omega Quintet first.

Eiyuu Senki (PSN)

OK so far, love the character art.

Elder Scrolls Online

I blame Fallout 4 for this, made me want to try this out. Frankly I'm hoping I can just ignore everyone and treat it like a SP experience. Love the multiplayer aspect of FFXIV but it would feel wrong to me in this. Guess I'll see.

Vib Ribbon

Only digitally, mind. Always wanted to play this, and turns out it's completely charming, love it

Legend of the Brofist

Actually pretty decent, quite good fun!

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:49 am

stayAwhile wrote:
AceGrace wrote:Decided that I needed all these on the 360 despite owning them all already on PS3!?!?!?!?! That's how my brain works. :lol:

oh and one for the PS3 despite already having it on PS4.

:D
I am known to do the same(you could argue its for being able to always get a good online game?!) also i notice you collect variant coveers and all the various street fighters too(at least i think thats the variant cover SF4 i see and not the orignal cover i can't remember) I also do the same with dvds and blu rays "oh this dvd has a green cover but i have it with a red cover ... its worth it for a pound" or "oh this dvd has 2 moviesi do have and one i dont have ratehr then buy the stand alone dvds i'll just get this 4 in one set cause collections and stuff" or in the case of dr who dvds later re-releases add featurettes but take away old one.

my worst habit though is selling games for a system cause i dont play it much then wanting to play it once ive sold them(but hey i'd rrather not become a hoarder and stay as a collector who has limits and a ncie tidy collection)
The street fighter 4 cover I think is from the collectors edition. That's how it was on the shelf.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:09 am

Yakuza 5 is finally up for download on the UK store so I've purchased that, so glad to finally have an English version of the game, even if its digital only.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:40 am

ShadowMan wrote:Yakuza 5 is finally up for download on the UK store so I've purchased that, so glad to finally have an English version of the game, even if its digital only.

Gutted they haven't ported it to PS4 :(

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 am

dste wrote:
Treguard wrote:Footy Manager 2016. It had to be done. No to decide whether I take Grimsby or Tranmere to european glory...
Grimsby
Can Messi do it on a wet Wednesday in Cleethorpes? We'll find out!