What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Liamh1982

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:52 am

Pre-birthday 3DS splurge on Mario Kart 7, Mario & Sonic at the 2012 Olympic Games, Pilotwings Resort and Lego Batman 2.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Not a game per se but today I received the official soundtrack CD for F-Zero GX/F-Zero AX from Japan. Advertised as used but was actually brand-new :) . Can't wait to listen to it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:33 pm

I saw Alien Isolation for £9.99 on the 360 in Sainsburys the other day and I was disappointed that they didn't have the PS3 version. Popped into town today and found it for £4.99 in HMV! I'm a huge fan of the Alien series but I've been putting this off because I don't think I'll enjoy it. It looks like a great game, but I'm not sure I can handle the frustrating nature of it. That said, my wife is having a baby shower on Sunday, so I'll be playing me some hide and seek with a xenomorph then :)

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:12 am

alistair_thomas wrote:I saw Alien Isolation for £9.99 on the 360 in Sainsburys the other day and I was disappointed that they didn't have the PS3 version. Popped into town today and found it for £4.99 in HMV! I'm a huge fan of the Alien series but I've been putting this off because I don't think I'll enjoy it. It looks like a great game, but I'm not sure I can handle the frustrating nature of it. That said, my wife is having a baby shower on Sunday, so I'll be playing me some hide and seek with a xenomorph then :)
Frustrated? Then you're doing it wrong.

Read this first: http://www.amusementarcade.org/2014/10/ ... torys-end/

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 pm

I picked up this lot from a seller on Gumtree yesterday. Was £25 and I have little to no knowledge of the Atari ST but took a chance. It works great although there is no mouse which can be a pain. Did come with some Master System pads and a Quickshot Joystick. There are loads of Amiga games in here along with Demos, copies and utilities.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Metal Slug X - Ps1 Japan

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:41 pm

I picked up a few 360 games:

Enchanted Arms
Shadows of the Damned
Velvet Assassin

Looking forward to giving Shadows of the Damned another playthrough! I seem to remember Enchanted Arms having a pretty cool battle system and being pretty relatively quick to finish.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 am

Metal Gear solid vibe going on at the moment.

And finally an iCade

Can't seem to pair it with my Shield at the moment. :roll:

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:41 am

Funny, it worked first time with my iPad *ducks*

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:49 am

I just placed my pre-order for Super Mario Maker on the Wii U. Roll on September 11th (now theres a date only a few would be excited to announce!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Some great stuff from the last few weeks:

All of the NTSC PS2 stuff was from Nokgod. Really pleased to have the Collector's Editions for Ar Tonelico (got both of those now) and Mana Khemia 2 (loved the first game, can't wait to play this one). Getting all three Xenosagas at the same time was also nice as I've been wanting to play them for some time now. Secret Files on the Wii was a surprise freebie from Shinobi (cheers!) and looks a bit different to the kind of stuff I usually play so again, really interested to give it a go.

F-Zero GX/AX OST CD is really awesome to have on in the car though I really need to burn a custom disc that cuts out all the tiny tracks that are little more than sound effects. Forgot how incredible the soundtrack for GX was and listening to it is making me want to get the 'cube + the game out again :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Megamixer wrote:Some great stuff from the last few weeks:

All of the NTSC PS2 stuff was from Nokgod. Really pleased to have the Collector's Editions for Ar Tonelico (got both of those now) and Mana Khemia 2 (loved the first game, can't wait to play this one). Getting all three Xenosagas at the same time was also nice as I've been wanting to play them for some time now. Secret Files on the Wii was a surprise freebie from Shinobi (cheers!) and looks a bit different to the kind of stuff I usually play so again, really interested to give it a go.

F-Zero GX/AX OST CD is really awesome to have on in the car though I really need to burn a custom disc that cuts out all the tiny tracks that are little more than sound effects. Forgot how incredible the soundtrack for GX was and listening to it is making me want to get the 'cube + the game out again :)
I've been wanting to try the Ar Tonelico games for a while. I've got Qoga on PS3 but been told its not the best from the series. I watched my missus play it and have to say it didnt look great.

I've got Xenosaga 1&2 but never started them out of fear that I would never find a copy of 3 for a decent price

Anyways, nice haul!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Black Ridge wrote:I've been wanting to try the Ar Tonelico games for a while. I've got Qoga on PS3 but been told its not the best from the series. I watched my missus play it and have to say it didnt look great.
I completed the second game on the PS2 in the PAL format and really enjoyed it. I've sold both PAL games a while back as I preferred the NTSC versions which will likely be less ropey conversion-wise (I know the uncommon PAL version of the original is meant to be a crap conversion) and also because we didn't get the CE's :P . Otherwise, I'm usually not that bothered about owning PAL copies.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 am

Since Sunday I have purchased

Mk1 Sega Saturn fully boxed with Marvel Super Heroes, Sega Rally, Fighters Megamix, Manx TT and Daytona USA

Snes ( no yellowing) with Mario Allstars

Cod Advanced Warfare - Xbox One

The big question is do I buyer an Everdrive cartridge for the Snes ?
"Time fades even legend..."

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:48 am

Just picked up my new ps4 with blood borne, Last of Us, and God of War 3 for a measly £190 using some club card points. Gonna sell the games to bring my ps4 down to £150.

Couldn't say no to that price, even as a pc elitist.