What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GigaPepsiMan

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Klonoa £7.30
Layton 1 £5
Layton 2 Free (trade credit)
Layton 3 Free (Trade credit)
Layton 4 £3.49
Layton 5 £5
Rhythm Paradise Free (3 for 2 with Prof 1 and Klonoa)
Viewtiful Joe DS £2.49
Ace Attorney Investigations £15

Pretty good day.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Nice one on Miles Edgeworth, been after that myself for a while now.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:38 am

Saturn with 2 pads and 12 games:

sega rally
clockwork night 2
world series baseball
Sega soccer 98
tunnel b1
Johnny bazookatone
sega ages
mansion of hidden souls
loaded
cool spot
wipeout
thunderhawk

£40

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:39 am

Very nice haul Giga. Klonoa is a real hidden gem on the Wii and very enjoyable/nicely designed even if there are only a handful of genuinely challenging/tricky bits near the end.

Haven't got a lot to show for the last 2-3 weeks but it's certainly enough for me:

NSMB was from GigaPepsiMan at a sweet price and Yoshi was from Tesco. At £32 I probably could have got it cheaper online but I was shocked to see even a single Wii-U game in a supermarket that sells NO other Wii-U stuff so I just bought it. £32 for a new release is hardly a rip-off anyway and having seriously enjoyed Kirby's Epic Yarn on the Wii, the visual style of this made it a must-have purchase :)

This completes my set of Valkyria Chronicles artbooks by UDON. Love these games and the art + design work that went into them so I get a lot out of the books (also a perfect resource if I need any references for drawing). I'm actually surprised that this third one was released in English since the game itself wasn't but I'm glad it was.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:46 am

My new arrivals:

Rule of Rose for my PS2 Survival Horror collection. Always wanted to play it since it was banned, not expecting it to be all that amazing really since it got fairly average reviews at the time.

Spitball Sparky is the latest arrival for my Game and Watch collection. Its in amazing condition as well, very pleased with this one!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:31 pm

from the charity shop near me, £1.99 each. All in really nice condition, too, which was a bonus.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 pm

David wrote:Saturn with 2 pads and 12 games:

sega rally
clockwork night 2
world series baseball
Sega soccer 98
tunnel b1
Johnny bazookatone
sega ages
mansion of hidden souls
loaded
cool spot
wipeout
thunderhawk

£40
Nice!!! I een after a Saturn for a very very long time and I havent foundanything in my price range sadly, but thats a great pick up... where from if you dont mind me asking?

I need to get all my pick ups in here from the lst few months!

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:54 pm

off Gumtree. it was listed as a "saga" Saturn and advertised in the computer section rather than. the videogame bit, so luckily no one else seen it

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 pm

ShadowMan wrote:My new arrivals:

Rule of Rose for my PS2 Survival Horror collection. Always wanted to play it since it was banned, not expecting it to be all that amazing really since it got fairly average reviews at the time.

Spitball Sparky is the latest arrival for my Game and Watch collection. Its in amazing condition as well, very pleased with this one!

Rule of Rose is one of my favourite PS2 games along with Kuon I've completed it a few times.. It's more so the heroine 'Jennifer' kills monster that look like children wearing School uniforms, animal cruelty, Pedophilia and bullying.. I think most people either get to the Headmaster(he attacks Jennifer by grabbing her behind and rubbing against her) and the Mermaid Princess boss both very hard to beat.. More so the combat isn't great so it's best to run past monsters till you get better weapons..

Always jealous of your awesome Nintendo collection.. Myself I only have seven Game and Watches and only 2 are boxed Snoopy and Donkey Kong 2(thanks Trev 8)

That Greenhouse Game & Watch is it based on Donkey Kong 3 the arcade game?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I got the Yoshi Woolly World box set from Game that knitted Yoshi is selling on Amazon for £50 so very happy with that pick up, and 2 Zero suit Samus, Paulenta and Lucina from Game.. Also traded a load of 360 games for Batman on the PS4 which is fab

Also bought 360 Cursed Crusade and Leisure Suit Larry just because they where cheap and I've never heard of them, I doubt I will ever play them

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Shinobi wrote: Rule of Rose is one of my favourite PS2 games along with Kuon I've completed it a few times.. It's more so the heroine 'Jennifer' kills monster that look like children wearing School uniforms, animal cruelty, Pedophilia and bullying.. I think most people either get to the Headmaster(he attacks Jennifer by grabbing her behind and rubbing against her) and the Mermaid Princess boss both very hard to beat.. More so the combat isn't great so it's best to run past monsters till you get better weapons..

Always jealous of your awesome Nintendo collection.. Myself I only have seven Game and Watches and only 2 are boxed Snoopy and Donkey Kong 2(thanks Trev 8)

Rule of Rose sounds mad. I've only played the beginning of the opening area. Seems interesting so far, just have to play around with the "noir filter" since it negatively affects the way the game looks. Thanks for the tip about evading enemies, sounds like the better plan for now.

Greenhouse does seem like its descended from Donkey Kong 3. The character looks similar and you are destroying bugs with bug killer in a similar way to fighting off DK in DK3. Its also insanely addictive, I prefer it to DK3 in my opinion.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sam_P

Post by Sam_P » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:18 am

Only really got back off holiday so haven't a lot to show at the time being. Picked up Disruptor (PS1) and a couple Dynasty Warriors for the PS2. Playing with the thought of getting MKX, too.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Shinobi wrote: Rule of Rose is one of my favourite PS2 games along with Kuon I've completed it a few times.. It's more so the heroine 'Jennifer' kills monster that look like children wearing School uniforms, animal cruelty, Pedophilia and bullying.. I think most people either get to the Headmaster(he attacks Jennifer by grabbing her behind and rubbing against her) and the Mermaid Princess boss both very hard to beat.. More so the combat isn't great so it's best to run past monsters till you get better weapons..

Rule of Rose sounds mad. I've only played the beginning of the opening area. Seems interesting so far, just have to play around with the "noir filter" since it negatively affects the way the game looks. Thanks for the tip about evading enemies, sounds like the better plan for now.
Always wanted to give this a go as I love the mad and weird games that go under the radar. Is there a cheaper NTSC-U version available (as I don't fancy shelling out the crazy money that the PAL copy commands)?

EDIT: Seem American copies are really bloody expensive too. Did you guys just bite the bullet and pay the asking prices or did you get seriously lucky?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:

Always wanted to give this a go as I love the mad and weird games that go under the radar. Is there a cheaper NTSC-U version available (as I don't fancy shelling out the crazy money that the PAL copy commands)?

EDIT: Seem American copies are really bloody expensive too. Did you guys just bite the bullet and pay the asking prices or did you get seriously lucky?
I paid £25 for my sealed Pal Rule of Rose from some nice French Lady on Ebay manual is in french but the game has English, German and French language this was a good few years back.. Your welcome to lend my copy as Rule of Rose and Kuon are my favourite PS2 games..

The story is very adult and some brilliant characters Jennifer is an awesome character.. The combat isn't great so its best to run past the Monster Children till you get better weapons.. Also use Brown to sniff out healing items.. There is literally loads of hidden costumes, weapons, Music etc again Brown needs to sniff these out.. When you get better weapons the combat gets easy until the pig headed children..

Again people get to the Mermaid Princess and because she's hard to beat and it forces you to learn her patterns people slate it saying she was impossible to beat.. She's hard but not impossible as I beat her...
One of the best survival horror games I played...

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:28 am

A few so far this week

Neo Geo RGB scart lead

and finally Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury 3 and Last Blade 2 (sealed)