What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tux

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by tux » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:28 pm

tux wrote:My best eBay score ever. Although I'm not 100% what I've just bought, from what I can tell its an Amiga 1200, about 30 big box games, loads of cd's for it( I'm amusing there is a cd drive I can't see in the pics), a commodore monitor and loads of other stuff...........99p. That's uk English pence. Under £1. :shock: :D
Spoke to the seller already, all confirmed to pic up in the week. Pics when I get it.
my friend has just been and picked this up for me. its miles away from where i live so i wont get it til he comes down in a few weeks but......it has a cd32 in the bundle too :o . He just sent me some pics. Plus the guy who "selling" it is clearing out the estate of a dead friend and has basically just said he thinks there is a garage full of this sort of stuff and did i want it. yikes.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:37 am

These just arrived.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:48 am

tux wrote:
tux wrote:My best eBay score ever. Although I'm not 100% what I've just bought, from what I can tell its an Amiga 1200, about 30 big box games, loads of cd's for it( I'm amusing there is a cd drive I can't see in the pics), a commodore monitor and loads of other stuff...........99p. That's uk English pence. Under £1. :shock: :D
Spoke to the seller already, all confirmed to pic up in the week. Pics when I get it.
my friend has just been and picked this up for me. its miles away from where i live so i wont get it til he comes down in a few weeks but......it has a cd32 in the bundle too :o . He just sent me some pics. Plus the guy who "selling" it is clearing out the estate of a dead friend and has basically just said he thinks there is a garage full of this sort of stuff and did i want it. yikes.
I know it's nothing to do with me, but I'd sooner this stuff went to someone who collects and loves it rather than going to a house clearance company who'd just sling it on ebay at ridiculous mark ups.

I got Dark Souls 2 and Tekken 6 form the Xbox marketplace for the princely sum of nothing, having been bought with a xbox live £10.00 card I got on Amazon for £5.99 due to a pricing censored up, and then paid for using a gift voucher I got as a reward for completing a training course. Nice.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:31 am

Been lurking on eBay for cheap games, last night I picked up:

Medal of Honor
Sacred 3
Sleeping Dogs

For 6.50!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:36 am

Rayne wrote: Sleeping Dogs

For 6.50!
thats a good un, the way that cinematic games should be, ITS LIKE IM PLAYING A JET LEE FILM!!
Or that other guy that was in the Raid

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:45 am

DPrinny wrote:
Rayne wrote: Sleeping Dogs

For 6.50!
thats a good un, the way that cinematic games should be, ITS LIKE IM PLAYING A JET LEE FILM!!
Or that other guy that was in the Raid
Yeah! I'm looking forward to giving it a shot, somehow it completely passed me by.

tux

Post by tux » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 am

Treguard wrote:
tux wrote:
I know it's nothing to do with me, but I'd sooner this stuff went to someone who collects and loves it rather than going to a house clearance company who'd just sling it on ebay at ridiculous mark ups.
No fear. I only sell doubles and things I have zero interest in. Plus when I do eBay I'm one of the seemingly few left who actually auction most things.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am

tux wrote:
Treguard wrote:
No fear. I only sell doubles and things I have zero interest in. Plus when I do eBay I'm one of the seemingly few left who actually auction most things.
Yeah, thats what I meant, I mean I've got no say in it, but I prefer the idea of retro stuff being passed to people who'll appreciate it rather than scalpers.

Inspired by the recent Retro Asylum Master System podcast, I picked up one of the Blaze Master System handhelds for a few quid on ebay. I don't remember Sonic Chaos being that ridiculously fast?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Bought a cheap copy of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects from ebay. I seem to have been playing too many quality games lately and fancied picking up an alleged stinker just to see how bad it can be (I remember it getting very low scores back on release).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:14 am

Samurai Shodown (Spirits) and Last Blade on Neo Geo CD

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Splatoon (which I've found to be really disappointing so far)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (which is great)
MSG acid for the PSP (for a £1 in a charity shop)
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

woody130496

Post by woody130496 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:55 am

i just picked up The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay on the xbox for £4 and its actually really fun

Churchy

Post by Churchy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Picked up Body Harvest this afternoon - one of the few DMA games I missed out on!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:34 pm

A few more for PS3; the list of stuff I want for that console is getting thin now.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:44 am

Got these over the weekend. Own the 2 Wii U ones on other consoles but have decided to start picking up as many Wii U games as I can as prices seem to be going up.

Also for some reason Injustice on PS4 is starting to get a difficult to find, especially new.