What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:07 pm

flatapex wrote:really nice week of pick ups for me.

started off by receiving burning road for ps1 from nakamura (cheers buddy) hoping to have a go on that later.

then today i went into my 3 usual haunts, first had nothing interesting, best was cart only tetris, i have it already.

then went into the second shop, most expensive usually but biggest selection. i spot outrun 2006 coast to coast, say to wife i want that one, might wait till blackpool incase a cheap copy materialises. played it on pc last year at blackpool and loved it.
i went inside and got talking to the owner, he told me about odds and ends he has sold in the last week, i ask what gameboy stuff he has and he invites me to look at his stash stored behind the counter (sounds dodgy unless you have seen the shop) he has some random odd multicarts (9999999 in 1 types) i asked how many actual games were on them, he has no idea. i offer to bring a gb in for testing, i have an original, colour, gba, and sp so its no hardship. i'll hope to take it in on monday if time allows. i spotted tg rally 2 and ready 2 rumble for gbc, £4 each, boxed and complete, boxes were slightly crumpled but maybe my standards are too high, its cardboard who cares, so i bought those and bid him farewell until monday (or saturday if time prevents a monday visit)

final shop, no expectations, usually crap. i spot an atgames mega drive handheld (6 button model) for £10. nah, dont need it, modded my psp. apparently they are crap anyway. if it was less i would have had a punt maybe. looked in the ps2 games- outrun 2006 coast to coast. £1
nice

thats probably me until blackpool, unless i spot something nice on monday. not expecting to
Coast 2 Coast is easily one of my favourite games on the PS2 and probably ever. You'll need to link to the PSP version via USB cable if you want to unlock all the cars and music in either edition though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Megamixer wrote:
flatapex wrote:really nice week of pick ups for me.

started off by receiving burning road for ps1 from nakamura (cheers buddy) hoping to have a go on that later.

then today i went into my 3 usual haunts, first had nothing interesting, best was cart only tetris, i have it already.

then went into the second shop, most expensive usually but biggest selection. i spot outrun 2006 coast to coast, say to wife i want that one, might wait till blackpool incase a cheap copy materialises. played it on pc last year at blackpool and loved it.
i went inside and got talking to the owner, he told me about odds and ends he has sold in the last week, i ask what gameboy stuff he has and he invites me to look at his stash stored behind the counter (sounds dodgy unless you have seen the shop) he has some random odd multicarts (9999999 in 1 types) i asked how many actual games were on them, he has no idea. i offer to bring a gb in for testing, i have an original, colour, gba, and sp so its no hardship. i'll hope to take it in on monday if time allows. i spotted tg rally 2 and ready 2 rumble for gbc, £4 each, boxed and complete, boxes were slightly crumpled but maybe my standards are too high, its cardboard who cares, so i bought those and bid him farewell until monday (or saturday if time prevents a monday visit)

final shop, no expectations, usually crap. i spot an atgames mega drive handheld (6 button model) for £10. nah, dont need it, modded my psp. apparently they are crap anyway. if it was less i would have had a punt maybe. looked in the ps2 games- outrun 2006 coast to coast. £1
nice

thats probably me until blackpool, unless i spot something nice on monday. not expecting to
Coast 2 Coast is easily one of my favourite games on the PS2 and probably ever. You'll need to link to the PSP version via USB cable if you want to unlock all the cars and music in either edition though.
i thought there was something like that i would have to do, i dont have the psp version yet but will look out for it when i go to blackpool

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm

^^^ I am assuming that the version for the original Xbox includes everything but that one costs a hell of a lot more to pick up than the PS2 version unless you can get lucky and find it for a couple of quid. Seems to be like SW Battlefront 2 - an original Xbox game which commands a small premium versus the standard dirt cheap prices on Xbox titles...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 pm

^Becasue it does LAN for more than two people might be something to do with it

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 am

X-Com: Enemy Within on IOS. I already have it on PC, but now I can pretend to be doing work at work when I'm actually rocket punching Chrysalids in the face.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:16 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322290/

Ok they gave it to supporters for free, I already have it on PSP and its the only 3d platformer that I dont cuss at for having a bad camera and arse jumping bits

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:10 am

Paranoia - PC Engine

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:06 pm

A boxed Gameboy Micro. Never owned one before. This is going in my new Games Room and is getting PLAYED WITH A LOT.

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Sega Megadrive 2, 2 pads, all leads
with (cart only)
Rocket Knight Adventures
Sonic
Sonic 2
Joe Montana
Micro Machines Turbo Tournament
Mega Games
Mega Games 2
Desert Strike
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Winter Challenge
Pete Sampras Tennis
FIFA 97
Jurassic Park
Ballz 3D
and boxed
Wonderboy 3
Wrestlemania the Arcade Game
Super Thunderblade
Winter Olympics
Mega Games 2 (again)

Seems to work, except for the reset button or the power light don't seem to function.

Not bad for a Five Pound Note.
Going Solo...................

RichL

Post by RichL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:29 pm

I also ended up getting Dying Light

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:A boxed Gameboy Micro. Never owned one before. This is going in my new Games Room and is getting PLAYED WITH A LOT.
Ooo, what colour?

I had a green Gameboy micro and it was an absolute blast! The system was so completely compact, the screen was vibrant and the buttons were responsive. I'd buy one in an instant but last time I checked the prices were really high compared to the SP models.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 am

Rayne wrote:
Bluce_Ree wrote:A boxed Gameboy Micro. Never owned one before. This is going in my new Games Room and is getting PLAYED WITH A LOT.
Ooo, what colour?

I had a green Gameboy micro and it was an absolute blast! The system was so completely compact, the screen was vibrant and the buttons were responsive. I'd buy one in an instant but last time I checked the prices were really high compared to the SP models.
My nephew might have a spare silver one lying around in a drawer. I remember my sister buying him one when they were released and he never used it. Could still have the box with a bit of lookin. If I find it, you can have it for postage.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:Sega Megadrive 2, 2 pads, all leads
with (cart only)
Rocket Knight Adventures
Sonic
Sonic 2
Joe Montana
Micro Machines Turbo Tournament
Mega Games
Mega Games 2
Desert Strike
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Winter Challenge
Pete Sampras Tennis
FIFA 97
Jurassic Park
Ballz 3D
and boxed
Wonderboy 3
Wrestlemania the Arcade Game
Super Thunderblade
Winter Olympics
Mega Games 2 (again)

Seems to work, except for the reset button or the power light don't seem to function.

Not bad for a Five Pound Note.
:o
you lucky so and so.

the md2 is a bit of an akward so and so as the leads and psu are all different from any other md or ms model.

where did you find such a massive bargain?

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:06 am

My colleague knows I play games, and he's moving house next week. He's brought me his old ps2 slim, and a load of games...

Says he has about another 70-80 games at home that he's going to bring in and give me over the next few days. :shock: 8)

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 am

Oh wow he gave you Shadow Hearts Covenant for free?