What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What games/consoles have you bought this week??

Post by Megamixer » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Crossed another 3 off my PS3 JRPG wanted list this week:

Managed to get Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z sealed. The bottom game blinded by flash is Atelier Meruru, kindly sent through by Shinobi :)

I always look for these type of games in stores but I've pretty much given up finding anything other than numerous copies of Atelier Rorona or Disgaea 3 which seem to be the most common.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

tux

Post by tux » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Got really lucky on an Ebay "punt". Titles were not listed, systems were not mentioned, just a few blurry pics. £20 inc postage. Was absolutly chuffed when this lot turned up, nearly ALL Amiga and some games that i didnt even know were about in big box variants. Mercs and Supercars 2 are highlights for me :D

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Megamixer wrote:Crossed another 3 off my PS3 JRPG wanted list this week:

Managed to get Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z sealed. The bottom game blinded by flash is Atelier Meruru, kindly sent through by Shinobi :)

I always look for these type of games in stores but I've pretty much given up finding anything other than numerous copies of Atelier Rorona or Disgaea 3 which seem to be the most common.
Nice pickups!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Megamixer wrote:Crossed another 3 off my PS3 JRPG wanted list this week:

No problems dude glad it arrived safely our local game had all the PS3 Nippon Ichi/Gust RPG's the exception being Witch and the 100 year Knight so I always pick them up because you never see them in the wild.. If I see any more on your list I will send them your way
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:12 am

This just came through the letterbox.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 am

tux wrote:Got really lucky on an Ebay "punt". Titles were not listed, systems were not mentioned, just a few blurry pics. £20 inc postage. Was absolutly chuffed when this lot turned up, nearly ALL Amiga and some games that i didnt even know were about in big box variants. Mercs and Supercars 2 are highlights for me :D
Nice, I spotted Leander, Flood and was that Syndicate Wars for the Amiga? didn't know that existed.

tux

Post by tux » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:10 am

Treguard wrote:
tux wrote:Got really lucky on an Ebay "punt". Titles were not listed, systems were not mentioned, just a few blurry pics. £20 inc postage. Was absolutly chuffed when this lot turned up, nearly ALL Amiga and some games that i didnt even know were about in big box variants. Mercs and Supercars 2 are highlights for me :D
Nice, I spotted Leander, Flood and was that Syndicate Wars for the Amiga? didn't know that existed.
Ah, no, syndicate was a random pc game that was thrown in. Half of the games were not even pictured in the ad, Leander being one of them- and the guy did free postage! I love eBay newbies :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am

Go from buying nothing in ages to all this

Very happy with Sakura Wars as how much it sells for and never heard of the PSP Game so bought it

Golden Axe 2 was probably the most expensive costing £10

The bag of games from the charity shop all £5 don't own a Lynx

Got lucky with Rosalina

Also got a spare Last Story in mint condition from CEX by trading a load of games I didn't ant

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am

Shinobi wrote:Go from buying nothing in ages to all this

Very happy with Sakura Wars as how much it sells for and never heard of the PSP Game so bought it
Dragoneer's Aria was a bit of a miss for me, I wanted to love it, but I gave it an hour or so and wasn't hooked; that is the key for me with an rpg. Just seemed a little slow.

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 am

flatapex wrote:
nakamura wrote:Le Mans on PS1 is a very playable racer.
Perfect :)

Saw it time and time again on display really high up on a display in a local electrical shop and he wanted about a fiver with no manual so I didn't want to risk it. Figured for 99p its a gamble I can take. The ps1 has so many great racers, then again the ps2, 3 and psp didn't struggle either.
PS1 and PS2.....not so sure about the PS3 or PSP. It was the PSP and PS3 that ultimately led to the demise of the Gran Turismo series after all.

P.S Le Mans looks like a decent racer, although not sure i'd plump for the PS1 version, when the Dreamcast version looks so dreamy.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm

So I wasn't the only one to get Sakura Wars for £8 in Game this week. I wonder if they have been keeping loads of uncommon games in their warehouses or something as they seem to be popping up now.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:40 pm

The Dying Light on PS4, me and the missus merging bank accounts next week so thought I'd sneak one last game in! ;)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 pm

retrojc wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Go from buying nothing in ages to all this

Dragoneer's Aria was a bit of a miss for me, I wanted to love it, but I gave it an hour or so and wasn't hooked; that is the key for me with an rpg. Just seemed a little slow.
I must admit I sold my PSP but I picked Dragoneer Aria as I've never heard of it/saw it but I do the same with all RPG's even if I don't own the consoles just because you never see them in the wild.. I left behind Valkyrie Chronicles, a few Americanised looking RPG's and Powerstone collection for 99p

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:20 pm

I had Dragoneer's Aria when I got my first PSP. Trash, garbage tier RPG.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Shinobi wrote: I must admit I sold my PSP but I picked Dragoneer Aria as I've never heard of it/saw it but I do the same with all RPG's even if I don't own the consoles just because you never see them in the wild.. I left behind Valkyrie Chronicles, a few Americanised looking RPG's and Powerstone collection for 99p
Powerstone was a bargain!

However it's not a bad game, Dragoneer is juts a slow game and adds nothing to the genre.. might not be worth your time Shinobi.