Gaming surprises and personal discoveries

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sureshot

Gaming surprises and personal discoveries

Post by Sureshot » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:51 am

This thread is basically just for any interesting facts or findings you've encountered recently, and stuff that has generally made you go 'wow' in disbelief or surprise.

For example, recently I discovered that there was a sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbours on the SNES called 'Ghoul Patrol', which I had no idea about previously. Granted, I wasn't a huge fan of the first game anyway (yeah yeah, I don't want a discussion about it ) but it was something that genuinely surprised me.

Another example is I was playing SFA last night and realised that bastard Sodom from Final Fight is one of the characters. I vaguely remember him in SFA when the game first came out, but never got far enough in Final Fight to realise that's where he was from.

So, share any personally interesting tidbits you come across during your gaming experiences here.

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 am

I recently discovered that R-Type Delta is in 3D!!!!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:32 am

Finally working out (being bothered) how to rip DVDs for use on my PSP, it's not a very straight forward process but very nice when I'm on the train in the morning!!

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 pm

There's gonna be an Ace Ventura 3, main character will be the son of the one from the first two movies.

Yeah cause Son of The Mask made sooooooo much money didn't it!!! :wink:
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:There's gonna be an Ace Ventura 3, main character will be the son of the one from the first two movies.

Yeah cause Son of The Mask made sooooooo much money didn't it!!! :wink:
It rented very well, I can tell you that much.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Well , I now know how to run an Amstrad emulator
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 pm

I found out that when my boss asks me to join the rest of the management team for a meeting at the pub, the only agenda item is 'red or white?'.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Personal discoveries? How about discovering the fact that the Radio switch for my R/C is in a bad place so when somthing nudged it in the woods last night my car jammed into full throttle and rocketed up a tree after going over a large jump.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:20 pm

Well I did specifically mean personal gaming discoveries :P

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:25 pm

Oh well :roll: I discoverd too many mods in games crash your computer. How's that?

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:21 pm

i discovered that i really cannot tell the difference between butter and i cant believe its not butter.....

..........failing that, there is always the fact that i have discovered i have so much stuff in my room, i cannot move!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:40 pm

I discovered a level select cheat for Putt and Putter on the SMS the day I bought it brand new, I thought that was pretty cool back then. :D
真・豪鬼

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:06 am

Discovering Midnight Resistance last year on the Speccy. This game came out just after i had moved to the Amiga. I like a lot of Oceans big names on the Speccy and despite being an arcade fan i never really tried this.

I did the ultimate sin of seeing screenshots and not liking how it looked so i never tried it for ages.

Finally did and i was addicted like anything and played it non stop till i completed it, another case of 'dont just look at graphics for a game'. Brilliant shoot em up, great conversion and one of my favourite Speccy games.

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:23 am

Shin_Gouki wrote:I discovered a level select cheat for Putt and Putter on the SMS the day I bought it brand new, I thought that was pretty cool back then. :D
Putt and Putter is one of my fave games on the SMS :D I bet you didnt know there was a Mega Drive version though did you?? I got it last week :twisted:

kiniki

Post by kiniki » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:35 am

I discovered that Silent Hunter 4 is a bug ridden mess that runs like crap on my computer :(