Weekend Gamer Radio Show - Out Now

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Weekend Gamer Radio Show - Out Now

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:07 pm

WG-AX is the new audio extension of Weekend Gamer that brings you a regular slice of gaming chat and music, direct to your PC or MP3 player.

AND IT'S OUT NOW!!! Just click on the link below.

Show 1 has the team discussing the games we have been playing recently, putting Nintendo straight on the lack of imaginitive new Wii titles and playing some fantastic game related tunes.
It's only a small download and is in MP3 format so can be played on whatever audio player you like.

We will very soon start working on Show 2, so please go to our forum and leave us feedback to let us know what you think.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Be useful if people could recommend some music sites for songs to use on the show. I have loads of Speccy tunes that I could use, but I don't think tha would be a selling point!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:32 pm

Woohoo :D

This is a surprise. Should be a lot less work than WGTV, so I'll be expecting more regular shows ;)

I trust you'll finally be sorting out a podcast so we can subscribe to new shows. It'd really open up your potential audience.

[edit]
Also just spotted the WGTV Season 1 DVD.

Will the shows on this have their aspect ratios sorted out?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:34 pm

I am just looking into how pod casting works, but yes it will certainly be more frequent.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Woohoo :D

This is a surprise. Should be a lot less work than WGTV, so I'll be expecting more regular shows ;)
Well if you popped into the forum from time to time it would have been less of a surprise for you ;)

As for podcasting, dont ask me... I still got a walkman somewhere, can I use it on that..?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:40 pm

Assuming you have iTunes installed, go to the iTunes store podcast area and search for the title 'French Maid TV'. Episode 1 of that explains how to podcast and the presentation is easy on the eye :D
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:52 pm

Is the girlfriend gonna beat me up for watching this?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:54 pm

The DVD will be the first 6 Episodes as they were released on the internet except for Episode one.

You will be pleased to hear that I have remixed the pilot episode and included a new review of Super Magnetic Neo after you rightly pooh-pooh'd my first effort. This will be the version that is included on the DVD.

As for the new WG-Ax show I hope you enjoy it.
It's a different show to the TV one, not only because the medium has it's own set of pros and cons but because it is more of a team effort.
If it proves popular we are hoping to get one out roughly every 3 weeks, give or take.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Do you want your girlfriend to beat you up while watching it?

Its not explicit. Its just French Maids explaining how it works. A bit tongue in cheek with the presentation, but nothing explicit. They may do some bouncing if you're lucky, I forget which episode that's in.

If you're not going to podcast, you seriously need a subscriber newsletter to announce new shows - that's what Shane does with RGR and he has thousands of listeners (he refuses to submit to Apple).

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:00 pm

have been looking at getting rss feeds, would that help?

The newsletter thing is good though.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:00 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
If you're not going to podcast, you seriously need a subscriber newsletter to announce new shows - that's what Shane does with RGR and he has thousands of listeners (he refuses to submit to Apple).
Didn't you get the mail..?

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Opa-Opa wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Didn't you get the mail..?
Right after I posted that, now you mention it :oops:

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:05 pm

One good thing about the audio show format is that it takes no where near the hours to download that the TV show does. :)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Assuming you have iTunes installed, go to the iTunes store podcast area and search for the title 'French Maid TV'. Episode 1 of that explains how to podcast and the presentation is easy on the eye :D
Just watched the podcast and whilst it is easy on the eye, it tought me nothing. Was more about how to record video than how to podcast :(

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Sorry. Its a very long time since I saw it. For some reason it stuck in my mind. Listened to the show opening so far, realised its SirClive and Opa in full flow. You use skype or something to do it?