Anywhere other than EBay to get good condition Nintendo DS lite

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Shinobi

Anywhere other than EBay to get good condition Nintendo DS lite

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:22 am

Before anybody says EBay - almost every DD lite I look at is either cover in Jam or other substances, white DS lite’s or normally black with dirt clearly scratched screens or hinges visibly hanging off!! Sellers listing them in mint condition. I just want a nice DS to play Tetris Grand Master

The pink DS lite owners seem to be in far better condition but normally come with lots off girl games. Either that or boxed consoles seem to come with 20 censored FIFA titles that I would smash and put straight in the bin(keep the cases for replacements.

Surely there must be online Shops like Genki games with good condition or refurbished DS lite’s.

I also looked in Cex but the girl told me they are discontinued which is the term they give to really bad condition consoles
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Re: Anywhere other than EBay to get good condition Nintendo DS lite

Post by DPrinny » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 am

Cash converters?
Facebook market place

They come with loads of sholveware as thats what people are given, some stores bundlrud them with such games as nobody was buying them

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Chillout Games have a silver one for £48.

Swallow Games have a red one for £50, no pics.

Not the cheapest, but they're not eBay.

Baxtros are a refurb gaming company, they used to list DS Lite and more on their website, now it's just mostly Gameboys, however they still have DS Lites on their eBay store, for £42, I recently ordered a plastic GameCube part from them which came quickly but I can't personally vouch for their electronic goods.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Not done a DS but Nintendo portables are pretty much easy to reshell, DS's I know are really prone to going brittle with age so maybe just getting a rough looking one and reshelling it yourself might not be a bad idea.
Had a quick glance and theres various shells at Circa £12 and most come with the required screwdrivers.
Watching you sleep since 1990