Which Retro Game would you like to see remade?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Whazeboo

Which Retro Game would you like to see remade?

Post by Whazeboo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:11 am

Many games of yesteryear are getting a remake on modern consoles, often with sharper textures and better controls.
The list is endless: Crash Bandicoot, Command & Conquerer, Shadow of the Colossus, et cetera.

THE game I am waiting for getting a remake is Shiny Software's 1997 MDK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LWrjeOHgjY). It is my favourite PC game of the nineties that was way ahead of the time.

What classic title would you like to see be remade?

ulrich7ad

Re: Which Retro Game would you like to see remade?

Post by ulrich7ad » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:10 pm

The two baten kaitos games. Even a resolution increase would do.

I know this ain't retro but I'd like a remake of the first assassins creed. Pretty sure this will happen.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:48 pm

The original Metroid, in the Prime style, though 2.5D would be fine.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Zuluop

Post by Zuluop » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:05 am

Chrono Trigger, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time and Terranigma.........and maybe Soleil :D

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:48 pm

None, as I hate remakes!

But I would like to see more retro compilations, or at least more retro titles being available on places like PSN or Xbox Live!
Press Play On Tape

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Skies of Arcadia- or at the very least a HD Remaster, mostly to revisit for myself but also be able to recommend to friends without adding "oh btw, it's a pricey game for both systems several gens back".

Sonic Adventure 1+2- I think these would benefit for a Crash Remaster treatment. As fond of the originals as they are personally, I don't think they will age too well with future generations, what with the glitches, the sound mix, the odd voice action translations, Big the Cat, and so on. If they could make these games look as amazing as they did when the Dreamcast first launched but by current gen standards and really fix the flaws of the originals, I think they could perfect both games enough to warrant an possible Adventure 3.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

srj672

Post by srj672 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 am

I would say Lost Vikings. I love that game to bits

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Panzer Dragoon saga, more people need to play this, also they could fix that error a the end.

Dragon Force, again, more people need to paly it, also if they could change the general battles to be more than just hope they attack more.

Burning rangers, the fact that it seemed like it suffered being on the Saturn

Street fighter, its the only game in the series that didn't get an update

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 am

I'd love to see the first 3 Elite games re-released for modern consoles - but it'll never happen.
Where logic won't work, I will

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:43 pm

The wing commander saga, but I would only remake the space fights part, and keep all the other scenes between the missions (animation and video footage) as they were.

demon

Post by demon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:29 am

Whazeboo wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:11 am
What classic title would you like to see be remade?
Uhm... "classics" don't need to be remade, I don't see the point since I can always play the original.

There are however games of the past which had potential but were bugged or had design flaws that could be removed to turn them into great games. One example for me is "Gun.Smoke" which could have benefit greatly from a simultaneous two-players mode.

Then there are also classic games which were woefully short, such as "Marble Madness". A re-release with more levels would be awesome.

MrShadow

Post by MrShadow » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:21 pm
Panzer Dragoon saga, more people need to play this, also they could fix that error a the end.

Dragon Force, again, more people need to paly it, also if they could change the general battles to be more than just hope they attack more.

Burning rangers, the fact that it seemed like it suffered being on the Saturn

Street fighter, its the only game in the series that didn't get an update
Wow,fantastic mentions!
Panzer dragoon saga is my ultimate all time favourite game, so atmospheric, deep and great at keeping you in suspsence.
Instead of remaking it,I woud love to see it brought back like you said,so that the average gamer can actually afford the game and bask in its godliness,I mean average Saturn price for it is £300, let’s get it put out for today’s consoles. :)

The Saturn was a fantastic underrated bit of kit, and I am thinking of getting a new second hand one for my birthday next year along with its classics as I am buying myself a unfortunately expensive active wheelchair next week which will no doubt empty my savings,and my old Saturn is apparently broke according to CEX,when in a weak moment I tried to sell them my Saturn.

I woud like to add Okami to the list,as my sister imported the artwork book for me from Japan when Okami was released and it showed how it was originally going to look,but the PS2 didn’t have enough power to carry out so they used cell shading and flat graphics instead.
It probably will never happen though as clover studios were shutdown.

I love your other two mentions —the official Saturn magazine used to highly rate them.
I have heard nights was also supposed to be amongst the best Saturn games but I’d never played it myself-had you?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:41 pm

MrShadow wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 pm
Wow,fantastic mentions!
Panzer dragoon saga is my ultimate all time favourite game, so atmospheric, deep and great at keeping you in suspsence.
Instead of remaking it,I woud love to see it brought back like you said,so that the average gamer can actually afford the game and bask in its godliness,I mean average Saturn price for it is £300, let’s get it put out for today’s consoles. :)

The Saturn was a fantastic underrated bit of kit, and I am thinking of getting a new second hand one for my birthday next year along with its classics as I am buying myself a unfortunately expensive active wheelchair next week which will no doubt empty my savings,and my old Saturn is apparently broke according to CEX,when in a weak moment I tried to sell them my Saturn.

I woud like to add Okami to the list,as my sister imported the artwork book for me from Japan when Okami was released and it showed how it was originally going to look,but the PS2 didn’t have enough power to carry out so they used cell shading and flat graphics instead.
It probably will never happen though as clover studios were shutdown.

I love your other two mentions —the official Saturn magazine used to highly rate them.
I have heard nights was also supposed to be amongst the best Saturn games but I’d never played it myself-had you?
Okami got a Hd remake, on modern machines, NiGHTS got at least two remakes (PS2 version and a HD one, cant get on with the HD one the PS2 one is almost perfect, its missing the Sonic mode)