My new game for AMSTRAD CPC (and new website)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

skylas

My new game for AMSTRAD CPC (and new website)

Post by skylas » Thu May 28, 2020 7:31 am

Hello to all,

I would like to share in the community my new game HEART CHASER 2 for retro AMSTRAD CPC.

It will be available very soon in my new website

where there are all my other little games.

Thank you!

LINKs REMOVED Please PM for it

ivarf

Re: My new game for AMSTRAD CPC (and new website)

Post by ivarf » Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 am

not allowed to post links? I googled it and found it through cpcwiki. Your games reminds me of early PC games

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:27 am

Been like that for years here, just a way of stopping new users appearing just to post a website/youtube link to spam it and then they disappear forever. Dont talk about the magazine or retro stuff in general, simply spam something and go. Lots of other forums are the same

skylas

Post by skylas » Fri May 29, 2020 5:21 am

I have no problem for that, this is your site and you decide the rules.
But:
I am not a professional programmer, i have started to make some games just for fun 2 years ago. All my games are free. I do not have any income or anything from that, and my knowledge is too limited.
When i create a game, the purpose of this game is not to keep it in my PC, but to share it with others to play it, especially if it is free.
In that process, of giving the possibility to others to play a free game, I posted in that forum. I do not post in every forum, I post in retro-related forums where there are people that usually are interested in new free retro games.
I am also against spamming, but i dont think what i did is spamming. I believe that spamming is usually sharing something just to get clicks, want to make money from that, and post in not relevant pages. I just wanted to inform people from your community about my new free games and possibly get feedback. And yes, i have posted in some forums or facebook groups, but only retro related, and not with economic motive. Because each forum has different individuals as fans.
And generally, if retro developers cannot share their games with others, they will be discouraged from making games, and i do not think this is good, especially when most of them do it for fun and for free.

Anyway, I think that if some people are interested can find me somewhere by googling AMSTRAD SAKIS. By the way, my new game HEART CHASER 2 is available now.

Thx for letting me explain my point of view.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am

Fair enough. But why dont you talk about the magazine, issues or articles etc ? Theres plenty of forums aimed just at homebrew, you could have joined here, spoken about the mag, speak about your love for retro games and get involved. Then talk about the game. If i joined particular forums and with my first post advertised a game or a youtube channel i'm sure i'll get comments/links deleted, just not forum etiquette really.

If no one chats or discusses the mag or games i'm sure the forum would disappear if its a ghost town of links only by 1 posters

skylas

Post by skylas » Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am

I can totally understand your point of view, even if i have a different one.
But you can think that even if the primary reason of finding your site was to share my game, this does not mean that I cant see the good work you have done on your site, even if I did not talk about in the forum, or may talk later, or explore your forum in a later time.
I am most active in cpcwiki, as my interests are more related with amstrad only, and i remember there that before i became more active, my first posts were most of asking for questions and help for programming. Then, as time passed, I was more active.
At any case, it is your site and you choose the whole philosophy and policy.
I thank you for letting me post and share my game, even if the link was deleted.
I appreciate the work you have done in your site and forum, as it is difficult these days to deal with retro stuff generally.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri May 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I've always thought of it like a retro pub. Imagine such a place - you walk in, have a beer and start talking to the locals about your favourite games and systems, before you know it you've made some new friends. After a few hours of chatting, drop in the fact you've just written a game and people will listen.

However, barge in our little establishment, blurting out about your new game straight away and you'll probably get some stony looks!

Just my crazy thought on it :D
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

skylas

Post by skylas » Fri May 29, 2020 8:18 pm

Yes, this is one point of view too!
I personally thought it like there is a retro weekend organized somewhere, and I am sitting outside giving free copies of a game.
If you want you take, or ignore, and there is no problem with that!
Anyway, i believe that all is clear now and there is now problem!

Crusty Starfish

Post by Crusty Starfish » Fri May 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Surely a little leeway should be given to certain posts though. Yes, delete spammy posts to Youtube channels etc. But c'mon, someone that has written games for a retro system (even if it is an Amstrad) (joke ;) )
I think the link should be put back up.

Actually, not sure if it'll get deleted from my post...

BUT HEY! LOOK WHAT I FOUND. A very basic but new game for the Amstrad called Heart Chaser

https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com/2020/ ... haser.html

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri May 29, 2020 8:43 pm

How cool!
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

skylas

Post by skylas » Sat May 30, 2020 5:37 am

Crusty Starfish wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:24 pm
Surely a little leeway should be given to certain posts though. Yes, delete spammy posts to Youtube channels etc. But c'mon, someone that has written games for a retro system (even if it is an Amstrad) (joke ;) )
I think the link should be put back up.

Actually, not sure if it'll get deleted from my post...

BUT HEY! LOOK WHAT I FOUND. A very basic but new game for the Amstrad called Heart Chaser

https://amstradsakis.blogspot.com/2020/ ... haser.html
thx! Amstrad is the most advanced computer, especially 6128 with 26 colours! :D :D

skylas

Post by skylas » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:36 pm

For anyone may be interested, HEART CHASER 3 is available on my website. It is similar to Heart chaser 2, but with more complicated levels and some more extra features!
If you cannot find the game, pls PM me.

skylas

Post by skylas » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:40 pm

New game BARBOUTI on Amstrad! (traditional greek dice game). Available in Greek and English versions on my website (AMSTRAD SAKIS).
Thank you!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:48 pm

skylas wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:40 pm
my website (AMSTRAD SAKIS)
I'm assuming an accurate English translation of that is 'Amstrad Sickos' ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

skylas

Post by skylas » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:57 pm

No, its just my greek name (Sakis) :-)