New Game RANDOMAZER for the ATARI STe

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ThomasI

New Game RANDOMAZER for the ATARI STe

Post by ThomasI » Sat May 16, 2020 11:39 am

(I hope this post is ok unter the "no commecial Posts")

I like to let all Retro fans know about my new game RANDOMAZER for the ATARI STe/Falcon.
Free download at https://www.hd-videofilm.com/randomazer
And a boxed Version with real floppy is in the works powered by Bitmapsoft: https://www.bitmapsoft.co.uk/product/randomazer/

The game plays fine with real Hardware, Emulators and FPGA clones. The brand new MISTer ATARI STe core is a perfect match!

Hope you have some fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emIeD9HH0B4
Attachments
RANDOMAZER 08.jpg
RANDOMAZER 08.jpg (351.85 KiB) Viewed 221 times

English Invader

Re: New Game RANDOMAZER for the ATARI STe

Post by English Invader » Sat May 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Just gave it a go on the real hardware and got through most of the trainer levels. Marble Madness meets Boulderdash. Seems to be a pretty good game.

I think you should make it more clear that you're only offering a demo version here. A lot of people resent being led to a site for a game just to be told that it's incomplete and that they have to pay for the rest of it. No one begrudges you money for your labour but just be upfront about it (no one likes a bait and switch).

Having said that, I am interested in buying a boxed version and I'm delighted to support anyone who supports my beloved ST :D .

ThomasI

Post by ThomasI » Sat May 16, 2020 3:36 pm

English Invader wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 1:37 pm
I think you should make it more clear that you're only offering a demo version here. A lot of people resent being led to a site for a game just to be told that it's incomplete and that they have to pay for the rest of it. No one begrudges you money for your labour but just be upfront about it (no one likes a bait and switch).
Actually per Mai 16th the game that comes with the free download is not a demo/teaser any more. It is identical to the boxed game - all 50 Levels. The boxed version is for the big ATARI STe fans, that would like to have a real floppy in a real box. There is not much being made for that small platform in that regard.

That said: I call the download "BETA" for some days, just to make sure I did not miss something before the Floppys are written for the boxed Version. Just come back in a week or two and download the latest. :)

I am so happy you enjoyed my game!

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Nice bit of work there. It's always good to see a new game that does the original hardware justice.

I did find that the game kept crashing with two bombs when running under TOS 1.62 on my STe though, so maybe you could look into that?

It works fine on my 2.06 setup and when booting into 1.0 from a floppy though, so no real hardship.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Sun May 17, 2020 10:47 pm

Matt_B wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 pm
Nice bit of work there. It's always good to see a new game that does the original hardware justice.

I did find that the game kept crashing with two bombs when running under TOS 1.62 on my STe though, so maybe you could look into that?

It works fine on my 2.06 setup and when booting into 1.0 from a floppy though, so no real hardship.
I ran on 1.62 without any problems. My STe has 4MB memory and I ran the game from an UltraSatan hard disk.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Mon May 18, 2020 12:20 am

After a bit of fiddling around, it's definitely not the TOS version that's the problem. It must be something else that I'm booting up with, as it works just fine after booting from a blank disc, so probably nothing to worry about then.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:13 am

My boxed copy arrived a couple of days ago and I played it last night without any problems. Feels great to get a brand new boxed ST game after all these years. Thanks very much and hopefully there will be more to come.