Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:25 pm

PS1, US & Jap DC, PAL & Jap Saturn, MegaCD, CD-i & game.com in my 4th shelf.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:28 pm

my collection....looks....SOOOOO...inadequate, compared to yours...

...really have to get a) my finances in order and b) my room for the influx of retro games i want to get.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:30 pm

Mike H, all kudos is lost due to you owning a Game.com and a barcode battler.

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:36 pm

Pfff... Everybody should own a game.com and Barcode Battler ;)

blakespot

WipeOut collection

Post by blakespot » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:25 pm

blakespot
:: Retro game list for iPhone & iPod touch at Touch Arcade
:: Byte Cellar - the vintage computing weblog

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 am

My Saturn and Neo Geo bits are in Games TM this month heh... (long story, it had to be done though)

bolda

Post by bolda » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 am

JetSetWilly wrote:i can never seem to take screenshots on MAME. i got the MAME32 version and i dont know the key for it.

so gave up and took one of Ghouls 'n' Ghosts on FUSION.

Now have that as an XBOX wallpaper. looks quite spunky, actually. but not as good as yours, though. :(
There should also be an 'images' folder under your MAME32 folder, containing a zip file full of screenshots that are used as the "preview" shot for each game in the MAME browser.
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:23 am

ahh, i see. right ill have a quick shifty
------------------------------------------
couldnt find it at all. it might be coz i have the 32+ version
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Some less interesting pics:

N64 games without box

SNES games without box

Rental cover N64 & SNES, some more US and PAL SNES games and Mega Drive/Genesis games without box. And an Xbox with LCD screen on top.

rupert

Post by rupert » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:02 pm

here's my current-ish stuff..

most of my sms stuff together about 3 months ago..

all Alex Kidd's although since this picture iv'e got a couple more slight variations and Alx Kidd BMX Trial.

Kixx and Classic re-releases

US Gold variations

All codemasters (apart from Big Nose which was never released allthough I have a working re-production)

Lucky Dime Caper Ltd Ed box set includes Audio cassett, Game, T-shirt and large Land of Illusion poster.

One of a kind (so far) prototype Air Rescue cover (on the right), the picture is actually a photo of what looks like a toy helicopter.

UK Telstar double pack, this is the only one i've ever seen allthough there are quite a few Mega Drive ones about.

Australian double pack, 2 carts inside a VHS box, some versions actually have proper integral plastic holders for th carts (this one has some cardboard inlay holders)

Quite uncommon euro games usually worth between about £20 - £40 on ebay. Image

Quite uncommon US games, usually between about £10 and £40 on ebay.

US re-releases, came out late in the US life of the Master System, totally different box covers.

Every Euro and US card game, Missing a couple of minor variations.

Portuguese 'purple' covers, only released in portugal, 16 available in total although some have never been seen yet by collectors I know.

Full set of known 'all German' releases (German cover, Manual and Cart/Card) I have since got the Bank Panic manual.

Disney language variations, I think I'm missing one Jungle Book.

World Cup USA 94 Limited Editions from different countrys with Wall Charts. Missing some, maybe France, Italy and Australia.

Complete Ultima IV, difficult to find due to the books not fitting in the box, originally shrink wrapped to the box. Also have the German language versions which are Yellow. Not got the French Pink books yet.

Tom and Jerry Woolworths display case, the case is empty with no lugs to hold a game or manual. The cover is a reproduction made by woolworths, the blue circle isnt a sticker and there is a grey boarder. (Woolworths still sell DS games with a similer style box and cover)

Alex Kidd in Miracle World Demo/ display cart. Comes from a US multi cart display kiosk, game plays the same as standerd one.

Mah-Jong/ Mak-Jong, only released in Hong Kong, Quite difficult to find complete and usually fetches between £100 - £200+ on ebay.

US (lol) spelling mistakes 'Psyco Fox' and 'Mono Poly', (normal carts on the right for comparison)

Australian Silver re-releases. Unsure if any others are available.

US blue re-releases (apart from Alex Kidd and Slap Shot which were not available red) missing a few more of these.

HES 4 Pak, only available in Australia, contains 4 games developed in Korea and can be bought in Korea packaged seperatly (actually not bad games in there own right)

Rare ish game packaging variations, from left to right - Euro, Portuguese and Brazilian.

Common euro games with striking forign cover variations, from left to right Euro, Brazilian and portuguese.

Blister packs, Mostly from France, these cannot be opend without destroying the packet.

Some japanese Master System/ Mark III games, got alot more since this picture.

Brazilian 20 em 1, came packaged with a console and never had a box/ cover.

Brazilian cardboard box releases, the first games to come out in Brazil, Quite difficult to find in good condition.

Brazilian Game Box's, one cart with mulitple games much like 'Master Games 1' released in Europe, (missing one with Racing games on).

Brazilian blue box releases, the latest brazilian non-exlusives, some are re-releases. (got more since this pic)

Half Blue/ white Brazilian non-exclusives (got more since this pic)

Brazilian non-exclusives (got more since this pic)

Brazilian hacks of Euro/ US games, these are all euro games hacked with Brazilian charecters and titles.

Brazilian exclusives, did not come out in any other country (apart from Taz Escaope from Mars which was released in Portugal allthough none have been seen yet) I am just missing Dynamite Headdy.

Pro Action Replay cartridges all boxed complete, includes rare German card box version, German Black and Red versions and UK red version (still need UK black version)

Korean Master System produced by Samsung, fits Japanese style game cartridges and has a built in PSU with 110/220 switch (system weighs much more than usual), so all you need is a plug adaptor to use in the UK.

Korean games, Hang On/ Safari Hunt, 45 in 1 and Ghost House.

Korean games including Super Boy II (Super Mario Bros)

Brazilian Tec Toy Master System Super Compact (black) and Master System Girl (pink) similer size to a Game Gear.

self moddified Master System, I am currently making a much more adventurous moddified Master System for a compo on sega8bit forums.

Boxed complete Japanese Master System.

Boxed complete Japanese SG-1000 MKII. This was Sega's 2nd console, release in 1984, Not as high spec as the Mark III/ Master System

Boxed complete German Master System.

Brand new un-opend SMSII Action Case, fairly common to find in used condition but this is the only one I have ever seen new.

Brand new sealed Rapid Fire units x4, Pads x5 (4 euro and 1 US), German cables x2* (*never seen these before or since)

Controle stick, brand new never used.

Full range of Euro boxed Light Phasers. (Omar has an unusal black and white boxed light phaser but only 2 have been seen ever)

US Mail order Rapid Fire unit, part of the same promotion that the bluw/ white US Power Strike was part of. (this is the only one I have ever seen)

Brand New never used Japanese handle bar controler (there is also a very similer steering wheel controler available)

Boxed complete Japanese Graphics tablet, this was supposed to be released worldwide, appeared in an early German catalogue and a contact from Sega US reported being sent them.

Boxed new Japanese Sports Pad which includes Sports Pad Soccer inside the package.

New US Sports Pad (thease things are massive and weigh alot so be aware if buying from the US)

New SG Commander Pad, difficult to track down just unboxed, I know of about 4 boxed ones. (A japanese vesion exsists produced by Hori)

New boxed Tec Toy SMS pad

New boxed Japanese standerd SMS pad with thumb stick and Paddle controler.

New boxed complete Handle Controller. Difficult to find as the box is very weak and large, also the cable attaches both ends so is offten lost. No manual exsists as all info is on the box.

New boxed 3D glasses, still have peel film over the lenses.

Doc's replacement pads, one from US and one from AUS, I did have 2 of each but have sold them to other collectors (these are the only ones I have seen boxed or otherwise)

(as above)

Some complete boxed Master Systems, I am still missing alot of variations (got more since this pic)

Multi platform Arcade stand boxed.

various media included in games and consoles. (got many more since this pic)

Early Sega Magazines - inc Sega Pro folder (got many more since this pic)

Zillion Laser Tag game, produced by Match Box in the UK. exact replica of the Light Phaser, all parts are branded Sega. This item was also released in Brazil by Tec Toy and was Sega's first dealings in Brazil.
Last edited by rupert on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KW

Post by KW » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Nice collection :) particularly envious of the Tec Toy stuff.

What's with the multiple copies of the same games though?

rupert

Post by rupert » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:25 am

KW wrote:Nice collection :) particularly envious of the Tec Toy stuff.

What's with the multiple copies of the same games though?
where do you mean? None of these are the same, they are all variations. (apart from the pic of the arcade stand thing with the Sonic 2's)

ve had more Tec Toy stuff since these photo's. I'll perhaps re-take them in a few months.
Last edited by rupert on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:41 am

That SMS collection is truly mind-boggling. Thanks for sharing.

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:45 am

Holy censored!!!

Suddenly I feel as if I have a very small penis :(

Dudley

Re: WipeOut collection

Post by Dudley » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:24 am

Rupert - You remain my god ;)

--
blakespot wrote:Image

blakespot
No Saturn Wipeout 2097?