Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

tux

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by tux » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 am

Since ive been digging stuff out of my loft lately, i found this box of Atari games i had. Again nothing rare but it was nice to buy so many complete games in one go, only paid a pound(roughly-again it was part of a huge bundle!) for each of them. Couple of them still sealed.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:37 am

Great score, tux! An average of only around a Pound per game when most of them are boxed and Star Raiders (2600) is (presumably) complete with the Video Touch Pad. Wow! :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

tux

Post by tux » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:38 am

Cheers, i was well happy with the find too. :)
Yeah, that Star Raiders game is the best condition of the bunch, still has a VERY glossy box and is , indeed, complete. I got a wooden Atari 2600 console with the lot to, boxed(complete with 2 joysticks and its cardboard inserts), ill dig it out later and take a snap.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Those 2600 games really look superb. I had the machine myself but I was too young I think to really appreciate the packaging compared to the carts. Nice to see something so old in such good condition.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Those 2600 games really look superb. I had the machine myself but I was too young I think to really appreciate the packaging compared to the carts. Nice to see something so old in such good condition.
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

tux

Post by tux » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 am

Following on from a few other posts ive made in this thread, i thought i may as well post up a pic of all the Sega "stuff" ive gathered in the last 12months. Im ashamed to say with this lot, there was a whole lot more but as i never owned any Sega items in my youth and felt no attachment to them, i sold about 100+ games to fund other projects. Again nothing here is super rare, Flink and a few other gems are fairily expensive on Ebay but nothing mindblowing(unless anyone spots otherwise, im seriously cack when to comes to retro Sega!). Again im most proud of the price i paid, its hard to work out as, as always it was bought in large bundles with other stuff- but im pretty sure i paid somewhere between £200-250 for everthing in the pics.

Xtincthed

Post by Xtincthed » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 am

I moved house and now have a special room for my collection
you can find all pictures on http://www.dr-retro.com/pictures-2/

some previews:

Dr. Retro's Video Game Channel
Website - Youtube - Facebook - Twitter
Playstation Collecting Community

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:39 pm

^^ I'd put bars on those windows!

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I was saying something similar on RC! We need to also wait a few pages until we post our pics.

acharris05

Post by acharris05 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Here is some of pics of some of my C64 games I got. All these are from my personal collection which I built up from when I first had my C64 28 years ago when I was 7. Below is a link to the gallery where there are another 25 pics. I have also got loads of regular cassette boxed games which are like the Masteronic, codemasters games, etc which I havent got around to photographing.

Link to gallery http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/ach ... collection

I am very proud of my 8 bit collection of C64 games and hope you the pics of the collection. All boxes are mint.

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Woo, Dogtanian :mrgreen:

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 am

Not sure how much you'll really be able to see from these photos, probably not much in the way of specifics but here's a quick look at my collection

*Dog not part of collection

Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

@RetroReplay-

What console is that Dog looking accessory for in the first picture?? Sure it can't be for a DS considering it's nearly 60 times being than the console.

Is it an import??

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:33 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:@RetroReplay-

What console is that Dog looking accessory for in the first picture?? Sure it can't be for a DS considering it's nearly 60 times being than the console.

Is it an import??
thats actually a very clever item, it's compatible with pretty much every system (maybe not the virtual boy) basically it stops you getting eye strain by coming and licking your face if you've been playing too long
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 pm

why is the dog clearly standing up in the mirror but look like hes sitting down on the sofa? - ghost dog!