Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

samhain81

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by samhain81 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Nothing makes my day better than seeing these collections. Brings the biggest child smile to my face

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:21 pm

Love that loft room sscott, that is exactly what mine is supposed to be like but after 2 years i've still not managed to sort it out (and no im meant to be moving i'll probably never get a games room again for years) :(
sscott wrote:My collection at the moment - a few new editions but nothing major.

Just got a NES recently, only place for it to go down there. Amstrad CPC gets more play then it should as it has its own monitor so easy to start up!

Spectrum, C64, MSX and Atari tapes with a few boxed ST games also.

Couple of new editions, CD32 and ATARI 2600 jnr (or whatever its called) fro Felgekarp

Megadrive is to the far left in darkness, lots of systems hooked up to that widescreen CRT inc. 3DO, Saturn, Master system, c64 and others.

An oldish PC for emulation with my X-Arcade stick.

Main games wall focusing on Dreamcast and Megadrive stuff, with some PC engine, SNES, N64 and modern stuff too (and maybe a few 3DO games). all shelving from IKEA but was told they don't make those cases anymore. :(

Other corner with an IKEA glass cabinet with bits and bobs of ephemera.

Close-up. Need a new battery pack for my Virtual Boy, went missing a while ago... A mug from Retro Reunited for the SHMUP comp.

Some more games round back, Intellivision, Jaguar, XBOX and other stuff.

That's about it. :)

The main PC, Wii, 360 and PS3 and arcade cab are downstairs.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Took a couple of new photo's of some of my G&W collection including the new ones I picked up over the last week:

Popeye and Snoopy Panorama

The 3 Vs Micro System releases - Boxing, Donkey Kong 3 and Donkey Kong Hockey

The unremarkable looking OEM release of Super Mario Bros.

Various Widescreen releases - Octopus, Popeye, Mickey Mouse, Turtle Bridge, Chef, Parachute and Fire Attack

Contents of my 3 new Widescreen games - Popeye, Mickey Mouse and Turtle Bridge.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I hope you're insured ShadowMan, i really do......

I just don't know how you find your gear in such pristine condition. Fabulous! 8)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 am

nokgod wrote:I hope you're insured ShadowMan, i really do......

I just don't know how you find your gear in such pristine condition. Fabulous! 8)

I got most of my latest stuff off a fellow collector selling his collection. They weren't cheap but I've been waiting close to a year to get them in excellent condition so it was worth it!
Unfortunately now the ones I'm short get really expensive. Like Panorama Mickey which goes for £500-£600 in fair condition! Or Competition Mario Bros which goes for £1000+ :shock: Probably going to take a few more years to get the last 30ish I'm short!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

William S

Post by William S » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:14 am

Nice stuff, ShadowMan! 8)
ImageImageImage

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Very nice collection Shadowman, kind of inspiring and disheartening at the same time :lol:

sg1000

Post by sg1000 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:14 am

Nice game and watch collection never seen those widescreen ones before

RichPT

Post by RichPT » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

really nice collection Shadowman *thumbs up*, i just have the Mario Bros Bottle Factory Game + Watch. I love that one. I was playing it in the garden last summer and it's still great now :) I have a picture of my SNES (Super Famicom) collection. i really like the Japanese games :)

note i have Umihara Kawase - everyone should get that game :)

Britpop95

Post by Britpop95 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:22 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Took a couple of new photo's of some of my G&W collection including the new ones I picked up over the last week:

Popeye and Snoopy Panorama.

Great stuff, back in the midst of time I had Mario's Bombs Away - Christmas of '84 to be precise. I'm tempted to bid on the one in the link below but i'd probably just be buying something I didn't really need (so why break the habit of a lifetime?) :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Bombs-awa ... 943wt_1096
Into the Wonderful

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:47 am

So many Game & Watches, so little time. :lol:

Excellent collection!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:37 am

RichPT wrote:really nice collection Shadowman *thumbs up*, i just have the Mario Bros Bottle Factory Game + Watch. I love that one.
Thanks :D I really like the original G&W version of that one as well. I'm not a fan of the remake that they put on one of the G&W collections (on GBA I think) as they made it too slow and easy in comparison :(
Britpop95 wrote: Great stuff, back in the midst of time I had Mario's Bombs Away - Christmas of '84 to be precise. I'm tempted to bid on the one in the link below but i'd probably just be buying something I didn't really need (so why break the habit of a lifetime?) :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Bombs-awa ... 943wt_1096
So tempting! If I had the spare cash I'd probably go for that one. I really do like all the different styles of G&W Nintendo released in the 80's. I'd love to get me a couple of the table top ones (that look like mini arcade machines) but they are really hard to find in good condition, not to mention complete. Ah well, I'll track them down one day!

Dramagod

Post by Dramagod » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 am

Here is my PS1 collection. It's not big or anything but I only try to buy the great games for it and the favorites that I once owned but have sold during the years. This is my favorite console. Nes comes second. The crappier games like Bishi Bashi, Nagano Winter Olympics and Flintstones Bowling I got from a friend free of charge.

Hello. My name is La-li-lu-le-lo. Nice to meet you!

Flint

Post by Flint » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey! There's nothing wrong with Bishi Bashi Special!

Dramagod

Post by Dramagod » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm

I see. Well I haven't really played the game yet. I just thought it sucks. They do say don't judge a book by it's cover but they haven't said anything about judging a videogame by it's case. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.
Hello. My name is La-li-lu-le-lo. Nice to meet you!