Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

nakamura

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by nakamura » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Rather embarrassed to say I have never played on one!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 pm

much better than my wonderswan collection, i only have one game (tekken) and one machine (b&w) - need to beef it up a bit i think after seeing that collection

Flint

Post by Flint » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:04 pm

hydr0x wrote:As I got more and more request to take photos of my collection I decided it's about time ;)

Here you go, a link to parts of my collection on RetroCollect: Link

As people also asked for a photo of my DS collection I took an additional photo not meant for the RC gallery:
I was about to praise a brilliant collection then I saw Cover Girl!
Although I haven't played it so maybe I shouldn't judge, is it a hidden gem?

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Haha, well, in my defense, I only paid 1€ and picked it up mainly because it's obscure and actually got decent reviews. Of course its useless for (straight) guys but maybe the gf will enjoy it. Although I remember reading that it also had a sex advise component or something like that, maybe I should check it out after all :lol:

Oh and as I realize the external link gets overlook easily, here's a teaser photo of the collection:

(Click here for more)

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm

mainvein wrote:much better than my wonderswan collection, i only have one game (tekken) and one machine (b&w) - need to beef it up a bit i think after seeing that collection
Is it actually easy to play without knowledge of the language? I considered it and may still pick it up if so.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

My collection at the moment - a few new editions but nothing major.

Just got a NES recently, only place for it to go down there. Amstrad CPC gets more play then it should as it has its own monitor so easy to start up!

Spectrum, C64, MSX and Atari tapes with a few boxed ST games also.

Couple of new editions, CD32 and ATARI 2600 jnr (or whatever its called) fro Felgekarp

Megadrive is to the far left in darkness, lots of systems hooked up to that widescreen CRT inc. 3DO, Saturn, Master system, c64 and others.

An oldish PC for emulation with my X-Arcade stick.

Main games wall focusing on Dreamcast and Megadrive stuff, with some PC engine, SNES, N64 and modern stuff too (and maybe a few 3DO games). all shelving from IKEA but was told they don't make those cases anymore. :(

Other corner with an IKEA glass cabinet with bits and bobs of ephemera.

Close-up. Need a new battery pack for my Virtual Boy, went missing a while ago... A mug from Retro Reunited for the SHMUP comp.

Some more games round back, Intellivision, Jaguar, XBOX and other stuff.

That's about it. :)

The main PC, Wii, 360 and PS3 and arcade cab are downstairs.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 pm

That's a brilliant setup, especially the last pic which really makes that room look like a nice chillout place :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Budly Moore

Post by Budly Moore » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Love your set up Sscott, I know I'd get a massive punch in the face if I had all that hanging around.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 pm

That last pic really looks nice sscott. Really looks a nice welcoming room, some nice items in there too!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

ulala

Post by ulala » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:20 am

very nice

due to a house move in a few months i have to get rid of a few bits and pieces, and i will not have a dedicated games room. Looking for ideas to make a guest bedroom a retro room that's still pretty enough for non-gamers!

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:42 am

Here's my collection of Atari 8-bits and my Lynx. It's a rather pathetic collection compared to some of the others in this thread but here you go. (I had totally forgotten that I still had my Cheetah 125+ which gives a nice rattle when it's moved!). I also have a big stack of Atari 8-bit magazines from when I was scanning material for the GameBase ST project.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Dave300 wrote:Here's my collection of Atari 8-bits and my Lynx. It's a rather pathetic collection compared to some of the others in this thread but here you go. (I had totally forgotten that I still had my Cheetah 125+ which gives a nice rattle when it's moved!). I also have a big stack of Atari 8-bit magazines from when I was scanning material for the GameBase ST project.

Some nice Atari stuff, particularly the Atari 400/800, I mainly collect carts for my Atari now.

Psycho Fox

Post by Psycho Fox » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

I love your loft setup sscott and miss seeing it on YouTube. Nice to see a GX4000 in use.

Hopefully I'll get a similar game room someday soon :)

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 pm

Some of my games and gear.I need to get a proper shelving unit and figure a better layout so not to have cables hanging around awkwardly.Also get the tv better vented.

mainvein

Post by mainvein » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:07 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:
mainvein wrote:much better than my wonderswan collection, i only have one game (tekken) and one machine (b&w) - need to beef it up a bit i think after seeing that collection
Is it actually easy to play without knowledge of the language? I considered it and may still pick it up if so.
its not too bad to play (once you work out what on earth you have to do as its not really a traditional fighting game) worth it if you can get it for a couple of quid