Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thelatestmodel

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by thelatestmodel » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 am

speedlolita wrote:I've been playing since the release of DistorteD. However, I was playing backups of 9 up until DJ Troopers until Empress via Swap Magic.

I only use a Japanese Konami Official Controller, nothing fancy yet. Play it more on and off now, can clear up to about 8* and some 9*. :D
Nice, we're about the same level I think. I'm comfortable with most 8s and can do quite a few 9s - after that it just starts to become more work and less fun!

I got sucked in to IIDX in a big way when I lived in Japan a few years ago - it's by far the most popular Bemani series, and once I'd tried Happy Sky in the arcades, I had to own it. Spent the rest of the day hunting around Den Den Town for a controller, the only one I could find was a Konami Arcade Style controller for 20,000 yen, so I came home with this massive great thing and copies of 8th and Red to get practising on. Great times :D

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 am

Mayhem, seriously mate yoiu're collection is really really bad, my nanny has a better collection i swear :wink:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am

Mayhem wrote:Nice pile of PAL Cube stuff so far there Nokgod, keep going, you'll get them all back eventually ;)
Mr Vengeance wrote:Lovely collection nokgod :shock: Really really impressive :D
Conversely, I now wonder if you've seen my set heh...
Well i've no chance of getting anywhere near your collection mate, that's for sure....but i will keep picking bits up as i see them :D

Now the NGPC set's nearly finished, i'll only be after Gameboy, SNES, GC and Atari 2600 stuff, so it'll be easy to concentrate on what i'm after.....rather than my usual scattergun approach :lol:

There's some nice titles in your collection there C=Style. I've been on the lookout for a Beyond Good and Evil for a while. I love that game :D
Last edited by nokgod on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:49 am

C=Style wrote:Behold! my awesome GC collection. (all your collections are shite next to mine :wink: )

Would of had Wind Waker and Extreme G III in there too if my postman wasn't a thief. I've also got a few good unboxed games inc. Zelda Collectors Edition, if anyone has a spare case going I'd be happy to take it of your hands for a small sum, I know that's really unlikely lol)
this just in

censored PLATINUM GAMES WITH THERE DIFFERENTLY COLOURED SPINE!!!
Why must they make them stick out

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Brilliant GC collection Nokgod. Do you have a game called Summoner: A Goddess Reborn by any chance? It's a really uncommon GC exclusive that I'm curious to try but I've never seen it in a shop.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Nokgod, your love of the Game Cube is a nice thing to see in this day and age. Lovely :D

I was off work today, it's raining and everyone I know seem to've gone missing somewhere, so thought I'd take a picture of my handheld collection.
HOWEVER, this is just a "preview" - I couldn't find my original Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game King or Game Boy Micro, and such is the confined nature of my room, I didn't have the space to get out my Lynx II, Tomytronic things, Vectrex or Virtual Boy. Nor could I be bothered to take pictures of all the games/boxes/accessories etc.

And there's a couple more on the way too (RetroGen and WonderSwan Crystal), and a whole heap I've yet to source (PC-Engine GT, LT, Gamate, Mega Duck)... And there's probably a few more LCD things knocking about in my room somewhere. Anyway, here's what I could get into a single picture:

It was scary trying to balance on the edge of the bed, thought I'd fall into it all! Two more "half" pictures, in a better light:

My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Megamixer wrote:Brilliant GC collection Nokgod. Do you have a game called Summoner: A Goddess Reborn by any chance? It's a really uncommon GC exclusive that I'm curious to try but I've never seen it in a shop.
No i don't have it...but i have seen it out in the wild....i would have picked it up but it had no instructions, sadly :( Is it any good then?
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 pm

nokgod wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Brilliant GC collection Nokgod. Do you have a game called Summoner: A Goddess Reborn by any chance? It's a really uncommon GC exclusive that I'm curious to try but I've never seen it in a shop.
No i don't have it...but i have seen it out in the wild....i would have picked it up but it had no instructions, sadly :( Is it any good then?
Not sure - I was seeing if you'd played it. I think there's a PS2 Summoner game but this one is a GC exclusive sequel. It could be crap as that other uncommon game Darkened Skye was though!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Megamixer wrote:
nokgod wrote:
Not sure - I was seeing if you'd played it. I think there's a PS2 Summoner game but this one is a GC exclusive sequel. It could be crap as that other uncommon game Darkened Skye was though!
Yeah i must admit i was disappointed with Darkened Skye. Perhaps i should have given it more of a chance, but i decided i didn't like it about 5 minutes in :oops:

I'll keep my eye open for Summoner though :)

@ THB.... :shock: i thought i liked handhelds...but you appear to be on another level with that lot 8) Some beautiful bits of kit there!

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:40 pm

nokgod wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote:Lovely collection nokgod :shock: Really really impressive :D

I do have Baton Kaitos though 8)

:wink:

Mr Vengeance - 1

Nokgod - about 400 :shock: :lol:
Thanks mate....it's really a rebuild. I foolishly sold my original collection about two years ago and realised almost immediately what a divvy i was! :oops: That one did contain Baten Kaitos. It's a very pretty game iirc...and one i'd dearly love to reacquire.
Three things I love about Kaitos - superb box art, stunning graphics, and one of the best ever RPG combat systems. I'd put it up there very close to the mighty Grandia II for sheer gameplay quality.

A must have - good luck getting another copy mate :)
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Nokgod, your love of the Game Cube is a nice thing to see in this day and age. Lovely :D

I was off work today, it's raining and everyone I know seem to've gone missing somewhere, so thought I'd take a picture of my handheld collection.
HOWEVER, this is just a "preview" - I couldn't find my original Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game King or Game Boy Micro, and such is the confined nature of my room, I didn't have the space to get out my Lynx II, Tomytronic things, Vectrex or Virtual Boy. Nor could I be bothered to take pictures of all the games/boxes/accessories etc.

And there's a couple more on the way too (RetroGen and WonderSwan Crystal), and a whole heap I've yet to source (PC-Engine GT, LT, Gamate, Mega Duck)... And there's probably a few more LCD things knocking about in my room somewhere. Anyway, here's what I could get into a single picture:

It was scary trying to balance on the edge of the bed, thought I'd fall into it all! Two more "half" pictures, in a better light:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow I love handhelds!!!! Superb! :mrgreen:
Nintendo DS games: 41

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 pm

TwoHeadedBoy wrote: Image
[/quote]

I used to have the Grandstand Game Player in the bottom left.

Also like the Golden Axe LCD, ive still got (somewhere) Turtles, Sonic, Micro Machines and Double Dragon LCD games. Used to love them bloody things.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Most of me Snes Collection several lose pal games not pictured Shadow Run, Ghoul Patrol etc

My PS2 games

"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 pm

STranger81 wrote: I used to have the Grandstand Game Player in the bottom left.

Also like the Golden Axe LCD, ive still got (somewhere) Turtles, Sonic, Micro Machines and Double Dragon LCD games. Used to love them bloody things.
Never seen a Micro Machines one, it's top of the Seeking List now though. The Grandstand Game Player was my first EVER gaming thing - my auntie found it left behind on a plane when she worked... with planes, I suppose. Got three games with it, don't know if there were ever any more.

Shinobi: Those Super Famicom games look really nice, any chance of pictures of the front of them?
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 pm

THB, I really do like your hand held collection, that's pretty amazing stuff that. I'm more likely to collect hardware than games and going the portable route would be really fun I think.

I also like the fact I am in your sig, very good! :lol: 8)

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Heh, it's one of the things that's made me laugh most in these forums over the years :lol:

Yep, handheld collecting is loads of fun in a hardware sense. Especially when you realize just how many are "out there". Plus, no need to worry about regions, tellies or transformers or anything.