Photo's of your retro collection.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

kebabage

Re: Photo's of your retro collection.

Post by kebabage » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am

Nice job! I love projects, though you should have insulated the place! Bet the missus is happy though
Giant Hairy Cabbages!

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:28 pm

lol, yeah i can breath up here..(Thats why a window was a must!...)

My furby is ace!! lol

I didnt bother insulation the floor, the house has cavaty wall insulation, and i insulated the roof beams before the plasterboard goes on, the house is like a furnace anyway, so anymore, i wudda melted!

thanks for teh comments guys!!
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

K. Alha

Post by K. Alha » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 pm

Here's our collection:

Image Image Image Image
Here's my older game consoles and games. Still a bit incoherent collection, though...

Image Image Image Image
Here's some my NES games, our handheld games, my husband's Amiga games and my Game&Watch games. I really regret that I sold my NES collection years ago, for a too cheap price too (though I bet I made one collector really happy...). Now I would like to start collecting NES games back again, but haven't had the money yet...

Image Image Image Image
Here's our PS1 games, my husband's Lunar games and our Final Fantasy collection.

Image Image Image Image
Here's our PS2 games, Gamecube games (and some Wii, Xbox and Xbox360 games), and my newer generation of consoles.

Finally, I took a picture of my all-time favorites (from the games we own)...

PC games were left out, as well as some consoles and Commodore 64 & 128.

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Think you own most of the PS1 games ive been looking for recently, and those G&W`s are in amazing condition :shock:

maximm

Post by maximm » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 pm

My small collection of retro and new games:
http://www.minhembio.com/maximm

And my much much smaller collection of signed games:
http://www.minhembio.com/maximm/198237/

Hope you like it!

K. Alha

Post by K. Alha » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Nice selection, Maximm. Especially lot of PS2 games that I've been looking for our collection, too. And those signed games, wow. *envious*

maximm

Post by maximm » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks! I would love to extend my collection, but as I spend most of my gaming-time at the moment reviewing new games I dont have much time scavaging the ebays for fancy deals anymore. Kinda sad, but saves me alot of money. Im pretty happy with my games, I have tried to find some more good games, but i end upp watching them reach ridiculous sums which isnt so fun.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Heres a couple of pics of some of my ps1 collection.yes i do love a good beat em up :D

Anyone got an x-men children of the atom or darkstalkers 3 they want to trade give us a p.m :D
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:48 pm

Awesome Beat-em-ups there aztecca! Although Xmen VS Streetfighter on PS1 runs like tripe!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:58 pm

SpiffierRabbit wrote:Awesome Beat-em-ups there aztecca! Although Xmen VS Streetfighter on PS1 runs like tripe!
Cheers mate you are right about xmen vs streetfighter though.You have to have it for the collection though it's typical that it is oone of the most expensive aswell :?
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm

A lovely collection of PS1 beat em' ups there aztecca. I too get the Playstation versions if I can even if I only play the Saturn ports, purely because I love em' too much. I only have Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers and Darkstalkers 3 thus far though. They are all pretty much mint though which I'm pleased about :)

Shame that the PAL PS1 ports are so damn expensive though :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:38 pm

aztecca wrote:
SpiffierRabbit wrote:Awesome Beat-em-ups there aztecca! Although Xmen VS Streetfighter on PS1 runs like tripe!
Cheers mate you are right about xmen vs streetfighter though.You have to have it for the collection though it's typical that it is oone of the most expensive aswell :?
I still have my copy of it, it sits there on my shelf looking upto the Jap Saturn version and his mate the 4MEG Ram cart, he weeps at night knowing he is a cheap copy! But as you say, we HAVE to have them for the collection!

mkilborn

Post by mkilborn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:15 am

Here's a photo of our collection mid-move. Haven't had time to unpack it all thanks to work, and the fact that my wife is back in Texas dealing with family business has made it harder. Off to buy bookshelves in a week or two. Once I've got it properly set up I'll post some REAL pictures. But for the time being, here's 950 games in boxes (she kept 50 in Texas, and I've got ~50 out to play). The systems are all in boxes in a side room.

http://www.markkilborn.com/stuff/gamesinboxes.jpg

Moving a games collection sucks.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 am

Wonderful Playstation Fighting game collection aztecca :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:42 am

Took a couple more pictures of the new collection I am to complete, boxed Game and Watch units with instructions. So far I have the following:

Super Mario Bros, Black Jack and Mario's Cement Factory

Popeye (Panorama Screen) and Donkey Kong Jr

Closeup of my favourite G&W so far. For a relatively simple 20 year old game its still a joy to play

Closeup of DK Jr

Closeup of my Panorama screen Popeye which is another of my favourites.

One last photo (can't resist posting something Megaman related!), my PAL Snes Megaman collection finally complete. X2 and X3 are 2 of the hardest games I've had to track down for my collection. X3 was also the most expensive purchase I have ever made but was well worth it :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*