Playstation classic arcade table build

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Skyridertvgaming

Playstation classic arcade table build

Post by Skyridertvgaming » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:20 am

Hi all.
I was wondering what to do with my ps classic when I decided I might as well build an arcade table and see how it turns out. Never built one before and it didn't cost m much to build either. Works ok. Heres the results
https://youtu.be/UWgDhi3qP5Q

Antiriad2097

Re: Playstation classic arcade table build

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:33 am

Nice idea, but could use some refinement. A 4:3 screen would have been nice, but not so easy to get hold of or set up without a lot of faff.

Top perspex needs to be bigger, since it stops well short of the edge of the table, it should be the same size.

Pads could be better integrated. Needs somewhere to stash them underneath that's easily accessible, a small shelf or box flush on the underside would work for that. Either that or build arcade stick style controls into the table.

As a prototype, it's a good start and might inspire others to run with the idea though.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Skyridertvgaming

Post by Skyridertvgaming » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi. The perspex was a gift so I didnt really have a choice in the size.Its also too thick for my liking but can't turn down free stuff I guess. I wanted to see if I could do it cheaply so I was happy with it. Like you said its a prototype and it'll be fiddled with (Im never 100% happy😀). To be honest the screen isn't ideal because of the viewing angle and have thought about hinging it to pull up when playing. Got some ideas on doing it differently but it was just a project for fun.
Cheers for the reply

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Can't argue with that, you did it as cheap as you could for fun and it turned out pretty decent within those limitations.

Angling the top was something I had in mind when I saw it, but assumed that was taking the basic table design too far, I thought you'd intended the flat tabletop. It's a good idea and could be relatively simply done.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 pm

I like that alot! I always wanted a Gaming table like that and always said to myself I would ty and make one but never got around to it! it looks great though! How long would you say it took you all in?

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:46 am

It looks great, I would add a boarder around the screen to hide the plastic of the tv