Trying to find game from childhood involving cyclops (Turbo Graphx 16)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

jorxster

Trying to find game from childhood involving cyclops (Turbo Graphx 16)

Post by jorxster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Hey fellow Retro gamers!

So I've managed to track down pretty much all the games that I used to love in childhood but there's two that seem to elude me. And I've even been thinking about them for a few years now.

So if I describe them, can you help me find them?

FIRST game I cannot find: (Turbo Graphx 16)
We had a north american Turbo Graphx 16 (living in Canada). And at one point we rented this game which had a top-down view much like Bomberman, maze style, with bright pastel color graphics. And I think there was something to do with Cyclop enemies roaming the map, and our hero character may have been a furry or cute animal like a lama or prehistoric creature.
The main points I remember is Cyclops, and I'm pretty sure there was more than one, and the 2d top down view, a bit like the bomberman series.
Maybe it was an NES game, as I've been through most of the TG16 games without luck.

**Solved** SECOND game I cannot find: (NES)
I'm pretty sure this one was on the NES. I just remember something about a top down or orthographic view, piloting red speed boat on bright blue coloured water channels, and I think enemy serpents that came up out of the water and or chased the boat.
I think there were even jumps on the water so you could pilot the boat into jumps to get air and may be cross obstacles.

Would really appreciate any answers!

cheers,
Jordan
Last edited by jorxster on Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jorxster

Re: Trying to find two games from childhood involving cyclops, boats (Turbo Graphx 16, maybe NES)

Post by jorxster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:02 pm

Second game : COBA TRIANGLE!! This one was easy to find. But the first one involving cyclop enemies I cannot find.

thedustyjoypad

Re: Trying to find game from childhood involving cyclops (Turbo Graphx 16)

Post by thedustyjoypad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:06 am

Theres a game called Chew Man Fu which is like a Bomberman style game. Not sure about the Cyclops creatures, but theres some definite cuteness going on.
Retro gaming since it was just called gaming!

Shinobi

Re: Trying to find game from childhood involving cyclops (Turbo Graphx 16)

Post by Shinobi » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 am

The first game sounds like Midways Trog, as the ‘Trogs’ look like cyclops creatures. Your character is an orange baby Dinosaur and it turns into a T Rex when you eat a power up and you can kill the Cyclops. They have the arcade game in Arcade Club.

It was also on the NES never had a PC Engine release to my knowledge
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"