Panzer Dragoon remakes coming

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Panzer Dragoon remakes coming

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/forever-ent ... ggCiGIF.01
Forever Entertainment has announced a partnership with Sega to co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The first title will launch before the end of 2019. Platform(s) were not announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Forever Entertainment:

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility.

The new version of the game will be characterized by completely new graphics compatible with today’s standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!
I Googled the company and can find nothing apart from mobile stuff

This bit is a worry
"several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players"

Its gonna make it rubbish isnt it?
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

The Laird

Re: Panzer Dragoon remakes coming

Post by The Laird » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:23 pm

I am very excited for a remake of Panzer Dragoon Zwei, as long as they just upgrade the visuals and don't mess with it too much.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:30 pm

A welcome surprise but yeah, I hope it isn't messed with too much. Orta was fantastic but I preferred the Saturn games so a visual refresh is all I'd ask for.

But surely everybody is like "Yur but what about PDS, mate?" I can't afford to buy a Saturn copy so get it ported or updated!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Funny enough, in perhaps celebration of this news, Panzer Dragoon Orta is currently on offer this week on the XBox 360 and XBONE Download Stores at £4.49. Remember the game gets a visual upgrade if you're playing on an XBONE.

I'll perhaps wait and see how it turns out. As you say, the fact a mobile focused company is working on it is concerning, but maybe this is the project where they bring their A game?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Nice, it's about time this forgotten franchise gets the spotlight again. Let's hope Sega will do more of such in the future.