GODS Remastered

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

SJ_Sathanas

Re: GODS Remastered

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Oh and yes only four levels. I only really remember the 3rd which was a Wizards workshop or something and may/may not have involved collecting materials for potions or something. Boss was a dragon.

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:18 am

The Amiga version was the best IMO and it was a brilliant game.

I saw this in the XB1 store and got very excit d. Then I saw the graphics for the remake... God it looks awful!

Waiting for reviews etc before I commit now.

davyK

Post by davyK » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Played this game to death on the SNES. Loved it. It was rock hard but very rewarding.

I was able to complete the game - there was a super weapon in a hidden room which was very useful with the last boss.

I loved the looks and the audio. It ran pretty fast on the SNES too - felt faster than the MD version.

The ending consisted of a static image and some text - something about achieving immortality amongst the Gods or some such guff.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:51 am

davyK wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:20 pm
Played this game to death on the SNES. Loved it. It was rock hard but very rewarding.

I was able to complete the game - there was a super weapon in a hidden room which was very useful with the last boss.

I loved the looks and the audio. It ran pretty fast on the SNES too - felt faster than the MD version.

The ending consisted of a static image and some text - something about achieving immortality amongst the Gods or some such guff.
What was the weapon? Best I can recall was either the spear or some kind of throwing axe?