Oz Kong Off II - Australian Donkey Kong Arcade Championships 10th & 11th Nov 2018

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ArcadeMYK

Oz Kong Off II - Australian Donkey Kong Arcade Championships 10th & 11th Nov 2018

Post by ArcadeMYK » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Is anyone from the forum here or from the U.K. in general coming to the Donkey Kong Champs in Brisbane next month??

If not, or if you hadn't heard about it at all here are all the things you'll need to know about it including where to catch the twitch stream which will cover ther entire weekend long event:

Netherworld Arcade are hostng the second ever Australian DK Championships next month in Brisbane - https://www.facebook.com/events/1121592304669545/
International competitors are more than welcome!!

This is turning into a huge event with the following big names in Donkey Kong locked in to compete:
- Richie Knucklez (Star of documnetary King Of The Arcades & founder of the American Kong Off)
- Ethan Daniels
- Estel Goffinet
- Andrew Barrow
- Johnny Bonde
The internaitonals will be battling it out over the weekend against some of Oz's best players including
- Allen Staal
- Shane Sawle
- Michael Kibbey
- Matt Tecchio
- John McNeil (to name a few.)

Australia's own Phil Day (Arcade gaming journalist, ex-Galaga world record holder & general Australian arcade gaming legend) will be running commentary over the 2 days

If you or anyone you know happens to be in Brisbane that weekend it's free to come along & spectate,
however if you want to enter the competition you can register your interest with event organiser Jimmy, via jimmy@netherworldarcade.com

The weekend long event will be live Twitch streamed from Netherworld Arcade via their channel: https://www.twitch.tv/netherworldarcade so people from all around the world can tune in to watch the action

The event poster & current personal bests (as at 17-Oct-2018) of all current competitors who are locked in to be attending the comp can be seen in the below post:

Stay tuned to this post for further info & high-score updates
From Game&Watch to PS2 and Arcade in between, its been so much fun every single step of the way.

VideoGame Addict since 1989

ArcadeMYK

Re: Oz Kong Off II - Australian Donkey Kong Arcade Championships 10th & 11th Nov 2018

Post by ArcadeMYK » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Kong Off II - 10th & 11th Nov 2018-.png
Kong Off II - 10th & 11th Nov 2018-.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 109 times
Note: the "KS" column on the right indicates if the player has reached a Kill Screen during their DK career or not
DK Scores as at 17-Oct-2018.png
DK Scores as at 17-Oct-2018.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 109 times
From Game&Watch to PS2 and Arcade in between, its been so much fun every single step of the way.

VideoGame Addict since 1989

kiwimike

Re: Oz Kong Off II - Australian Donkey Kong Arcade Championships 10th & 11th Nov 2018

Post by kiwimike » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 am

Sounds great, would love to get there, if I'd organised myself a bit earlier could have been :)

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am

I might have a crack at trying to beat Bryn Griffith's score at some point.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:37 am

the_hawk wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 am
I might have a crack at trying to beat Bryn Griffith's score at some point.
:lol:

I was happy mine at about 70k would be a little way up the list!