Sony announces Playstation 1 Classic

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

greenberet79

Re: Sony announces Playstation 1 Classic

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:22 pm

I guess living miles from anywhere you get the shitty end of the stick.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:22 am

That's certainly true! And you do expect to pay a bit more due to isolation with the freight costs. But you also know when you're getting screwed over! RG magazine for example is the same cost in Australia as NZ- the difference is that it is the latest issue, while at the same time the 'current' NZ issue (three months previous) is in their shelves considerably cheaper!

But anyway, sorry- Thats off topic a bit, so will leave it there, and get back onto the PS classic. I have noticed quite a few now appearing on our local online auction pages, so will most likely pick one up that's still boxed off that

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:05 am

Finally plugged mine in after owning it for a while.

It's a lovely little machine, controllers are still excellent.

Tried playing GTA and it was horrible! The screen was juddery and jittery. It was so hard to control the character and barely any better when you are in a car.

Moved onto Rayman which looked pretty good I must say. The screen was so zoomed in though it was hard to see what was coming up.

So that was it. Put it away and when I get the chance I'll mod it to out on some games I want to play.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."