Streets of Rage 4 officially announced!!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

SJ_Sathanas

Re: Streets of Rage 4 officially announced!!!

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm

The Laird wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm
Won't play one of the greatest games ever made because too much of a SNES fanboy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Well, yes, back then when I was 13/14!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:49 pm

SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm
The Laird wrote:
Won't play one of the greatest games ever made because too much of a SNES fanboy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
13/14! You're not making this any better for yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:28 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:49 pm
SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm
The Laird wrote:
13/14! You're not making this any better for yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
I loved my SNES! :( Then the PlayStation arrived, blow everything else out the water and 16-bit was dead to me lol.
TBH i could probably say the same about all the big MD titles/series. BLAST PROCESSING MY ARSE.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 am

SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am
psj3809 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am
SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am
I've never played any streets of rage.
Errr ? Always stunned when someone says that in todays day and age of playing games online or roms etc !

Never ever ? You never thought 'that famous game everyone talks about i wouldnt mind finding out about it ? One good thing about emulation is its so easy to quickly try a game like this on MAME etc
Nope! Too much of a SNES fan boy to play anything much on the MD. I only really got into anything Sega during the DC days, and I've never botherd to go back and try it. Pretty sure my g/f has on it in some PS3 MD complication, too.
Shame on you ;)

I love the Speccy and dont have much interest in the second best home computer of the 80's (The C64) but when i hear about some classic C64 game after all these years i'm quite tempted to check it out on that inferior machine to see what its like.

Probably too old to get into any console wars in the 90's so all these years later i like checking out games on various machines. But something like Streets of Rage you should try on MAME for sure

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:14 am

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm
Main issue for me is that this needs to be pretty special after the immense Streets of Rage Remake which was incredible for an unofficial product.
Wow yea, almost forgot about that one - that was terrific (played it on the OG Xbox). An official sequel is welcome, but it obviously appears to have sacrificed the original trilogys look for updated visuals (which of course the unofficial remake preserved), which will probably split opinion.

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:38 am

Looks good, let's hope it lives up the the high pedigree of the series. The new Wonderboy was pretty nice-looking too, although I have to play it yet.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Trailer look good. Art style pretty nice too.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Seriously? Why not just admit that Remake was hot sh1t and polish that up?
I don't really see that this 'sequel' will really add anything , especially if they stick to just the two characters.

I want be optimistic , as it looks the part - just hope they lavish the same care on depth , locations , character roster and longevity as Bomber Games did with their fantastic labour of love.

Maybe now would be a good time to look at bringing some other Sega characters in for some cameos. We see lots of them over and over in the Megadrive collections. Maybe bring in the Eswat dude as the police assistance - have the cats from Flicky rooting in the bins in the background. How about play as Musashi from Shadow Dancer with his dog as assistance.
Maybe have classic mode for those who want it and an all out Sega love in and make playable characters of Kid Chameleon , Comix Zone dude , an Eternal Champion or two.

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:14 pm

shiftytigger wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:26 pm
Seriously? Why not just admit that Remake was hot sh1t and polish that up?
I don't really see that this 'sequel' will really add anything , especially if they stick to just the two characters.

I want be optimistic , as it looks the part - just hope they lavish the same care on depth , locations , character roster and longevity as Bomber Games did with their fantastic labour of love.

Maybe now would be a good time to look at bringing some other Sega characters in for some cameos. We see lots of them over and over in the Megadrive collections. Maybe bring in the Eswat dude as the police assistance - have the cats from Flicky rooting in the bins in the background. How about play as Musashi from Shadow Dancer with his dog as assistance.
Maybe have classic mode for those who want it and an all out Sega love in and make playable characters of Kid Chameleon , Comix Zone dude , an Eternal Champion or two.
Was thinking about guest characters myself and given the kangaroo anything goes. However Kazama from Yakuza would be a good fit as would Majima. He'd be a better boss though.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Streets Of Rage is one of my very favourite Mega Drive games!

I'm always wary of reboots/remakes and I'm not keen on the animation/graphics style, but I shall watch developments with interest...
Press Play On Tape

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt the Wonder Boy remake have an option to play using classic graphics?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Good point, yes it does. As Darren said on Twitter (paraphrasing), stop flapping, they will drop feed more info over time.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Gamer Guy

Post by Gamer Guy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 am

to be honest, as excited as i am to play this.....i would rather reserve judgement for when it comes out and gets tested. its only fair

DrDpad

Post by DrDpad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Hyped for this!

tachi

Post by tachi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Super excited. My then-girlfriend/now-wife and I spent many a night arguing over who ate the chicken in the original 3 games. Better be local 2 player though or it's a waste of a license.
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?