Streets of Rage 4 officially announced!!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Laird

Streets of Rage 4 officially announced!!!

Post by The Laird » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Description
Publisher Dotemu (Wonder Boy, Windjammers 1/2) and developers Lizardcube (Wonder Boy) and Guard Crush Games today revealed Streets of Rage 4, an all-new continuation of SEGA’s iconic arcade brawler series known for its radical fights, jammin’ ‘90s beats and dashing sparring gloves and bandanas.

History
A cult classic
Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a trilogy of beat 'em up games developed and published by SEGA in the 1990s.

Image Image

Description
Famously known for its non stop action and electronic dance influenced music - scored by Yuzo Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima - the series has gained the status of cult classic throughout the years. It is considered one of the best beat 'em up series of all time. After many years, Axel and Blaze are finally picking up the fight where they left.

Featuring hand-drawn visuals from the team behind 2017’s gorgeous Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap remake, Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, a fresh story and a gauntlet of dangerous stages with a serious crime problem. Streets of Rage 4 recalls classic gameplay but it stands as an entirely original arcade-style romp thanks to the expertise of Guard Crush Games and Dotemu.

Whether players gang up with a friend or clean up the city solo, Streets of Rage 4 is a skull-bashing, chicken-chomping delight all set to a thumping soundtrack sure to get your blood pumping.

Image Image

Social media
To keep up to date on all things Streets of Rage 4, punch your keyboard until it types https://www.streets4rage.com, go to https://www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4 and slice that follow button on Twitter @Dotemu, @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush.

Features
The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
Classic gameplay enhanced with brand new mechanics.
Braised chicken served on a pristine plate.

LAUNCH TRAILER!

Image Image

DPrinny

Re: Streets of Rage 4 officially announced!!!

Post by DPrinny » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Just two characters........

Needs some MAX!!
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:12 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 pm
Just two characters........

Needs some MAX!!
So far anyway.

Max and Adam would be great, especially as they haven't appeared together before.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:41 pm

My guess is they'll save other characters for future trailers to generate more hype or maybe even the old "unlockables" way. Could be kind of neat if you could unlock every past SOR playable character but I'd imagine that would be a lotta hand drawn sprites to draw. :lol:

Grown up Skate, now that would be interesting.

So hyped for this. Finally, SEGA remembers it has more than Sonic to profit on!
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Main issue for me is that this needs to be pretty special after the immense Streets of Rage Remake which was incredible for an unofficial product.

I mean, I will probably buy it by default anyway because it looks sweet and the new art style + all-new game in general will be awesome after years of playing the same stages over and over across the series and the remake.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Lovely, must buy!
Xbox Live: RetroBob

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:25 am

One to watch for sure!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 am

Reckon it should be good. Dot Emu did a great version of the remake of Wonderboy which was the last big game they released. This looks to have a similar graphic style.

Gamer Guy

Post by Gamer Guy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 pm
Main issue for me is that this needs to be pretty special after the immense Streets of Rage Remake which was incredible for an unofficial product.

I mean, I will probably buy it by default anyway because it looks sweet and the new art style + all-new game in general will be awesome after years of playing the same stages over and over across the series and the remake.
pretty much ^^ this

but i am still excited. love the art style. hopefully they allow all characters from the first 3 games. #ROOFTW!

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Really glad that Streets of Rage has been remembered and I'm sure it will play well if the Wonderboy remake is anything to go by.
I have to say though, I'm not crazy about the art style. It looks too manga inspired - too cartoony - where the original games had a grittier, 80s action movie feel.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am

I've never played any streets of rage.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am

SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am
Errr ? Always stunned when someone says that in todays day and age of playing games online or roms etc !

Never ever ? You never thought 'that famous game everyone talks about i wouldnt mind finding out about it ? One good thing about emulation is its so easy to quickly try a game like this on MAME etc

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

JamesC wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 pm
Really glad that Streets of Rage has been remembered and I'm sure it will play well if the Wonderboy remake is anything to go by.
I have to say though, I'm not crazy about the art style. It looks too manga inspired - too cartoony - where the original games had a grittier, 80s action movie feel.
I’m the same. I would like to see pixel style art like the originals.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 am

psj3809 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 am
SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am
Errr ? Always stunned when someone says that in todays day and age of playing games online or roms etc !

Never ever ? You never thought 'that famous game everyone talks about i wouldnt mind finding out about it ? One good thing about emulation is its so easy to quickly try a game like this on MAME etc
Nope! Too much of a SNES fan boy to play anything much on the MD. I only really got into anything Sega during the DC days, and I've never botherd to go back and try it. Pretty sure my g/f has on it in some PS3 MD complication, too.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Won't play one of the greatest games ever made because too much of a SNES fanboy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: