The first games you completed.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

pratty

Re: The first games you completed.

Post by pratty » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:02 pm

RichPT wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:24 pm
pratty wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:31 pm
RichPT wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 pm
The game I am most proud of completing was Citadel on the BBC Micro. It seemed like it was really hard but once you knew what to do it was do-able. I only found 2 of the 3 crowns though.
I found that quite difficult and didn't get close to finishing it, but I enjoyed it regardless.
Yes it was a good game. Did you play Palace of Magic? It was the pseudo-sequel but was a bit easier. There was a genuine Citadel 2 but it I'm pretty sure the publisher just asked a random programmer to make a sequel for marketing reasons. That's what it seemed like anyway.

No not heard of Palace Of Magic. Citadel 2 does ring a bell but I know I never played it. I'd like to think I'd be much better at Citadel know, I must have been about 7 or 8 when I played it back in the day.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:16 pm

The first thing I really remember completing was Ultima IV: Quest of the Avitar, on an Amstrad 1512, with a green-screen monitor, the next was Space Rogue, on the same machine.

The first games ever would probably be early things that were meant to repeat like Smurf on the Atari VCS, GORF on the VIC-20, or Bruce Lee on the Atari 800XL. Not sure if that type of thing counts though, as they just restart and there isn't really an end as such.
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

davyK

Post by davyK » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

2600 games you can "beat" by clocking the score - the game just keeps going though:-

I clocked these games: Asteroids, Atlantis, Yars' Revenge, Defender, Cosmic Creeps, Solar Storm and Video Pinball.

2600 games you could "finish"

I beat these games : Megamania (stops at 999,999) Breakout (ends after 2 walls) 864 pts

Nin10dofan

Post by Nin10dofan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 am

I finished battletoads in the arcade and on the gameboy. I also finished Rick dangerous on the spectrum and I finished a lot of games on the gamecube, metroid prime, eternal darkness, Mario sunshine,