Zzap64 Annual kickstarter now open

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

merman

Re: Zzap64 Annual kickstarter now open

Post by merman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 am

Got mine, it looks fantastic but I've not had time to read it through. I will be posting a YouTube video (without spoiling the cover).

Really happy to have been involved too, writing under my old pseudonym of Professor Brian Strain (aka The Mighty Brian).
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:38 pm

merman wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:22 am
Got mine, it looks fantastic but I've not had time to read it through. I will be posting a YouTube video (without spoiling the cover).

Really happy to have been involved too, writing under my old pseudonym of Professor Brian Strain (aka The Mighty Brian).
Lucky duck :) That would've been my dream job back as a teen (but then again I'm sure that would have been the case for many). I haven't received my copy yet but I saw on YouTube my letter made the Rrap section so I am stoked, I've added my tiny bit in to Zzap! lore :x

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:46 am

Quite excited now shipped, Chris said all the international ones went out Friday, so should see it in three-ish weeks.

I just bought a set of issues 1-37 of ZZap off a local auction, which I'm stoked about, and all really mint. Which has made me look forward to the annual even more :)

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:57 am

kiwimike wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:46 am
Quite excited now shipped, Chris said all the international ones went out Friday, so should see it in three-ish weeks.

I just bought a set of issues 1-37 of ZZap off a local auction, which I'm stoked about, and all really mint. Which has made me look forward to the annual even more :)
yeah me too, been flicking through some early Zzaps, getting into the spirit of things. :D Wow, 1-37 in mint condition, that's awesome.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm

ncf1 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:57 am
kiwimike wrote:

yeah me too, been flicking through some early Zzaps, getting into the spirit of things. :D Wow, 1-37 in mint condition, that's awesome.
Yeah, was a local collector, he's waiting for the annual too! Told me to get them quick as he already had sellers remorse and was only trying to downsize a bit :lol:
I saw some of the prices going around and knew I had a great deal, although that's not my intention. I loved that mag so was thrilled to find a set like that, especially in fab condition. I might try to add to the set, if I can find further issues in great condition, I'm more inclined to collect a classic mag than the games themselves :lol:

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 pm

kiwimike wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm
ncf1 wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:57 am
kiwimike wrote:

Yeah, was a local collector, he's waiting for the annual too! Told me to get them quick as he already had sellers remorse and was only trying to downsize a bit :lol:
I saw some of the prices going around and knew I had a great deal, although that's not my intention. I loved that mag so was thrilled to find a set like that, especially in fab condition. I might try to add to the set, if I can find further issues in great condition, I'm more inclined to collect a classic mag than the games themselves :lol:
I think you certainly won out on it, I sold my Zzap lot about a decade ago for a paltry sum, regretted it and wont do something like that again.. ! But when youre down on cash I guess you can panic a bit, get rid of things you don't really want to!

The Zzap annual looks fantastic judging by the youtube vid i saw, us Oceanics should be probably getting ours this week.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:44 pm

This annual is excellent, although never doubted it would be anything less with the quality of their books.

Never preordered the new Crash, but will probably get it when out