Zzap64 Annual kickstarter now open

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

kiwimike

Zzap64 Annual kickstarter now open

Post by kiwimike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Those wonderful Fusion retro books guys have now started their the Zzap64 Annual kickstarter campaign.

Considering how great the Crash campaign was, and the quality of the book, it'd be rude not to sign up again. Their add on perks are always good too :)

ncf1

Re: Zzap64 Annual kickstarter now open

Post by ncf1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm in with this, this is the first kickstarter campaign Ive decided to be patient enough for. :D

just a liiitle bit disappointed that (as far as I can see) Paul Glancey wont be having anything to do with it as he was my favourite reviewer.. but admittedly havent looked all that closely yet.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:05 am

ncf1 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:50 pm
I'm in with this, this is the first kickstarter campaign Ive decided to be patient enough for. :D

just a liiitle bit disappointed that (as far as I can see) Paul Glancey wont be having anything to do with it as he was my favourite reviewer.. but admittedly havent looked all that closely yet.
If you're going to do a kickstarter, you can't go wrong with the ones from these guys. Really true to staying on track with dates, extremely regular updates, often a discount code for another Fusion book to use if you wish and extra perks as more funding comes in- not to mention their items are quality. This is the third one I've done with them and they have been the best ones I've been involved in :)

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:56 am

kiwimike wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:05 am
ncf1 wrote:

If you're going to do a kickstarter, you can't go wrong with the ones from these guys. Really true to staying on track with dates, extremely regular updates, often a discount code for another Fusion book to use if you wish and extra perks as more funding comes in- not to mention their items are quality. This is the third one I've done with them and they have been the best ones I've been involved in :)
Ah thats good to hear, cheers. Ive bought from Fusion before, digital books but this is my first kickstarter. But I said to myself, if they ever do a Zzap Annual, I'm in! As you say, they are quality, so I see this as being a great campaign.. just the waiting is the tough bit. :wink:

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:07 am

kiwimike wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:05 am
ncf1 wrote:

Yep same here. I've no problem with choosing these guys for their Kickstarter projects.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:46 am

That Crash annual was a textbook case of how to run a Kickstarter properly.

Great product, sensible tiers, really well thought out stretch goals & delivery on time.

Instantly backed, even if it is commode 64 based!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:40 pm

Yeah, and you get to stare at my ugly mug :p
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:49 am

The first perk is a code for 25% off another fusion book, a nice little start to the campaign and handy if you had one of their other books on your wish list :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 am

This should be brilliant, Boyo and his team did an amazing job on the Crash one and this should be brilliant. Saying that i wont be getting it as i have no love/memories for the C64 (didnt get the commpendium one either !).

But i'm sure C64 fans will love what they'll do with this

merman

Post by merman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:52 am

Backed... And I'm writing for it...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

merman

Post by merman » Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am

First two stretch goals achieved - eight extra pages and a ZZAP 2019 calendar filled with brilliant Oli Frey artwork.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Wed May 02, 2018 6:05 pm

I'm backing this, just deciding on the level to go for. Can't wait.

I also noticed the review for Commando Arcade SE, which I didn't know actually existed. So I've just played through that.

It's nice to see the game we should have had all those years ago. So thanks to whoever put in the work on that.

hillelr

Post by hillelr » Thu May 03, 2018 9:41 am

The crash annual was amazing and this will be also
backed for annual plus sizzler game

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 03, 2018 11:30 pm

I see there's a few other bits n pieces you can add now, mouse mat and so on.

So I've backed the annual so far, but may yet end up adding to it! Always liked the idea of a piece of Oli's artwork on the wall :)

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon May 07, 2018 5:08 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:05 pm
I also noticed the review for Commando Arcade SE, which I didn't know actually existed. So I've just played through that. It's nice to see the game we should have had all those years ago. So thanks to whoever put in the work on that.
The scene group Nostalgia. They've also done the same to Ghosts 'n Goblins if you hadn't seen that either 8) they are currently working on redoing Speedball 2, adding in everything missing that was in the Amiga/ST version for an Easyflash cart image.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...