the Hi-Fi thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ZXSabreman

Re: the Hi-Fi thread

Post by ZXSabreman » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 pm

For my music I have a Arcam Diva CD73 CD player, Arcam Aplha 7 2 channel amp plus some Q Acoustic speakers. Sounds great although I am getting ready for an upgrade, not gone down the vinyl route yet but may do in the future.
"Time fades even legend..."

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:58 am

latest addition is a JVC UX-A70MDR mindisc and cd player compact the cd player doesnt work it only came with one speaker but for £6 not too bad atleast the md player works it also came with a cd(haloween sound FX) and a mindisc(clubbers guide) loaded into it and it can also work as an FM radio so would make a nice Cheap MDF rubbish player i think
This guy are sick

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:03 am

ZXSabreman wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 pm
For my music I have a Arcam Diva CD73 CD player, Arcam Aplha 7 2 channel amp plus some Q Acoustic speakers. Sounds great although I am getting ready for an upgrade, not gone down the vinyl route yet but may do in the future.
I would go for a Denon or NAD amp if it's the amp your looking to upgrade and I would also suggest trying for an intergrated amp that way your all ready to get a record player hooked up and bear in mind your speakers may not work with a new amp depending on Ohm impedance but id you need new speakers i find acoustic solutions to be very good(very good for both music and tv/movies)
This guy are sick