Games genres that you just don't like

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sega2006

Re: Games genres that you just don't like

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 pm

I could never get on with Text adventures or RPG's that are too text heavy, RTS's can grate on me in some cases too.

Tennis, Football etc, they can all quite frankly go the way of the Oodlum Bird, its essentially the same muck every release and ends up Bargin bin fodder or the 'free game' when you buy a second hand bundle, the team revisions could be handled by DLC now but no they still peddle new ones each year to the Lemmings flocking to buy them, If I want to play sports I'll go outside and do it.

Isometrics and fixed camera stuff like early MGS and Resident evil I can't get on with either but can sort of tolerate it.
Watching you sleep since 1990

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 am

I'd have to say any strategy type game and most RPG style. I've never got the hang with all the stats etc.

I totally avoid sports games especially football as I can't stand the real thing.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:02 am

Arnie wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 am
I totally avoid sports games especially football as I can't stand the real thing.
I'd agree the real thing is dull as ditchwater and somewhat annoying with the fervour that surrounds it, but it does make a very good videogame. The two can exist as separate entities, a bit like all those years I played driving games without being able to drive, and not particularly liking war, but enjoying a good FPS. Don't let real life get in the way of videogames.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

iprice

Post by iprice » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 am

MineCraft and similar. Is there a game in there? ;) :P
Flight/Mech Sims. If it needs 100+ buttons to play then GTFO.
Bullet Hell shooters. My idea of hell.
I fancy a nice hot cup of tea. Splash of milk. No sugar.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:48 pm

jdanddiet wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:08 pm
:lol: :lol:
Yes? I kinda feel like there was a joke I missed somehow.
The interesting bit is that my whole list basically equals to "whatever you play on a PC". I was an Amiga man. I am. My A4000D sitting next to me here has probably 30,000-40,000NOK sunk in it in total. And I'm in the process of getting a newer 68060 for it (I ran into CPU bugs that annoyed me too much.)