Retro Games Shops, Arcades/Barcades, Gaming Museums/Exhibits & Retro Gaming Events Listing

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

ArcadeMYK

Re: Retro Games Shops, Arcades/Barcades, Gaming Museums/Exhibits & Retro Gaming Events Listing

Post by ArcadeMYK » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 am

seanm99 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:24 pm
A few shop listings for the Manchester area:
Seanm99 thanks so much for the comprehensive Manchester lisitng!! very much appreciated. I have some mates in Doncaster who'd be very interested in checking these places out =D
Master list is now updated - I'll update the thread post tomorrow.
From Game&Watch to PS2 and Arcade in between, its been so much fun every single step of the way.

VideoGame Addict since 1989

ArcadeMYK

Re: Retro Games Shops, Arcades/Barcades, Gaming Museums/Exhibits & Retro Gaming Events Listing

Post by ArcadeMYK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 am

DPrinny wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm
Rewind Collectables and Games
Retro Reload
Retro Play Games
Entertainment Trader
UPDATE Day! Thanks for the new shop details DPrinny, much appreciated. Referring to your other post about the Lass - does the Computer Club still meet there or has it stopped since the new owners came in?

SO - This round of updates adds new details about 11 more shops dotted around the country who carry retro games- includes stores in
- Derby
- Lancashire (Ashton-under-Lyne & Bury)
- Leicestershire (Ashby de la Zouch)
- Manchester
- Southampton
- Stockport
Also found out that there is an event in Ireland called 8-Bit Conference - need some more details on this if anyone can share?

In some not so great news, I was also notified that the 8 Bit Gaming Bar in Cornwall (Redruth) had to close down recently, but they will still be supporting the retro community from their FB page & will also continue to support GeekFest.

Didn't get a chance to update much else due to time restrictions - hope all that went to Play Manchester over the weekend had a great time =)

That's it for now, will update as I come across more locations & events.
Thanks all,
Mike out!
From Game&Watch to PS2 and Arcade in between, its been so much fun every single step of the way.

VideoGame Addict since 1989

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 pm

I know Canterbury still has a Retro Shop (Level Up Games), visited it last February though they had moved to a smaller shop. Do still see Facebook posts from them from time to time.

Rochester Kent also has AllGen Gaming. Its not a shop but rather a hang out place you can pay to play a large library of videogames from many different systems and using original hardware. Its pretty decent if you don't own a huge lot of games or retro stuff and even have PSVR if you wanna try that out.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 pm

ArcadeMYK wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 am
DPrinny wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:51 pm
Rewind Collectables and Games
Retro Reload
Retro Play Games
Entertainment Trader
UPDATE Day! Thanks for the new shop details DPrinny, much appreciated. Referring to your other post about the Lass - does the Computer Club still meet there or has it stopped since the new owners came in?
Thanks all,
Mike out!
Stopped, now at FAB Cafe Manchester
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

peter6168

Post by peter6168 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:00 am

There’s some great shops in the small town of Rhyl:

Rhyl Comic & Disc Co – They only have small number of retro games upstairs but have many other delights
www.rhylcomicanddiscco.co.uk

Games Exchange – Has a great selection of retro games and hardware also has lot of models/figures
www.thegamesexchange.co.uk

Alakazam – Only found a few retro games in here but I did buy a Tomb Raider figure

Planet Anime – Not open yet but looks interesting

There’s also a CEX that seems to get a lot of retro stuff in

Plus visited this amazing place in Bury recently:

Arcade Club - Pay £10 for unlimited play of retro machines and consoles
www.arcadeclub.co.uk

kebabinho

Post by kebabinho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Sad to say that Extreme Gamez in Ashby-de-la-Zouch (the birthplace of Ashby Computers and Graphics) is closing in May.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Addition to ones you listed below for Croydon, there also Game On which is halfway between these other two. They do more ps2 and xbox, with some retro and a lot of CB carts - it's in surrey street - worth a look

"Croydon:
Heart of Gaming
Details: Arcade - £10 entry to play as many arcade games set to free-play as you like
Location: The Whitgift Centre, Croydon, United Kingdom CR0 1LP
FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming/

PlayNation
Details: Retro & Current Gen games store, also does tabletop & card gaming
FB: https://www.facebook.com/playnationgames/"
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 pm

http://www.norwichgamingfestival.com/

Now in it's 4th (or 5th?) year.