mega maker

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Analog

mega maker

Post by Analog » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 am

https://mega-maker.com/
Jump, shoot, create! Mega Maker is a fan game all about creating your own Mega Man levels and sharing them with the world! Alternatively, play one of many levels created by other users, from full-length Robot Master stages to unique puzzle levels. There's content for everyone to enjoy, all for the low price of nothing!
not sure how long this thing will be around for, until capcom possibly shut it down? if they do that and make it official though (like when they made resident evil 2 remake official after the huge interest in the fan remake) then that would be a great outcome.

I was actually saying after they made mario maker the next logical step to really milk the idea would be to put out a zelda maker, then move onto other franchises as well. lot's of potential imo!

Treguard

Re: mega maker

Post by Treguard » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Analog wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:54 am
https://mega-maker.com/
Jump, shoot, create! Mega Maker is a fan game all about creating your own Mega Man levels and sharing them with the world! Alternatively, play one of many levels created by other users, from full-length Robot Master stages to unique puzzle levels. There's content for everyone to enjoy, all for the low price of nothing!
not sure how long this thing will be around for, until capcom possibly shut it down? if they do that and make it official though (like when they made resident evil 2 remake official after the huge interest in the fan remake) then that would be a great outcome.

I was actually saying after they made mario maker the next logical step to really milk the idea would be to put out a zelda maker, then move onto other franchises as well. lot's of potential imo!
Paging Dr. Shadowman...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:44 am

Fun fact - Capcom was all ready to beat Nintendo to the punch by several years with the maker idea - Mega Man Universe was announced for PS3/Xbox 360 and would have been just this - have users make their own (terrible) Mega Man levels. Things that worked against it:

Strange/terrible art style that was really unappealing. It looked very cheap and weird, badly done 3D graphics instead of slick 2D graphics.
Mediocre to bad first impressions from the press didn't help. Sounded like the game had severe lag/controller issues which certainly would have hampered my fun for sure.

Its a pity, as this could have been a good idea, but I've played quite a few Mega Man fan games and there are very few that are actually any good, most have bad level design and feel like souless copies compared to the actual games released. A few are excellent though - the Mega Man 7 demake (MM7 made as a NES game) for example is one I have a lot of love for - while its not an original game per se as it takes the levels etc. from the Snes game I found the game just was more fun to play as an NES game as opposed to a Snes game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:50 am

This is the thing with stuff like this, most of us don't know the first thing about game design, and it shows. I want to see how many penis levels there will be.

Analog

Post by Analog » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:34 am

Sel Feena wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:50 am
This is the thing with stuff like this, most of us don't know the first thing about game design, and it shows. I want to see how many penis levels there will be.
:lol: give the internet creative license to do whatever they want and you always end up with giant dongs.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 pm

I've grabbed this before it disappears. Will have a look at it tomorrow.