SNES Mini Announced

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Greyfox

Re: SNES Mini Announced

Post by Greyfox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Well the f'Ing thing is now sold out on Amazon UK's website..ridiculous that is..only mentioned 3 hrs ago?
↓↓Click Link to See More
[url=http://www.greyfoxbooks.com[/url]

ALK Temp

Post by ALK Temp » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm

We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... ly_in_2017

Hoping its more then an extra 5......

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm

Message to Nintendo.. Please release enough mini SNES to satisfy demand. It's not that difficult and many are people who have supported you through good times and bad.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Meh, would get one but why bother putting final fantasy 6 (seriously america, nobody cares about your number system, now you know the right order, change it!) without adding 4 and 5.

Also just DKC and no DKC2 or 3?

Dont see the point in an official retro product that only has half the catalogue, its like when Netflix had Iron Man 2 on it but not the first one.... WHY???

PSN username - MartinPhantom

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:06 pm

I already own a SNES and most of the games included so this isn't really on my radar; a good thing, given how hard to get hold of it's bound to be.

The killer app, of course, is Star Fox 2. Hopefully that'll get a release as a downloadable title on Switch so that the rest of us get a chance to play it.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Goddam it.

No sure how pre-order on Game works but it said I had one in my basket and by the time I had reset my password it had been removed.

FFS.

None on Smyths, none on Amazon. Registed interest on the Nintendo site whatever that will do. GODDAM it. :evil:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ALK Temp

Post by ALK Temp » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 pm

dste wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm
Goddam it.

No sure how pre-order on Game works but it said I had one in my basket and by the time I had reset my password it had been removed.

FFS.

None on Smyths, none on Amazon. Registed interest on the Nintendo site whatever that will do. GODDAM it. :evil:
For future reference, the Game site seems to run better in mobile mode then it does normally on a computer No idea why, but thats how I've been able to preorder anything lately.

Maybe if you go to your local brick and mortar Game Store tomorrow they might have some preorders. I do remember mine offering NES Mini preorders last year.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:37 am

I'll try to get one but won't be too bothered if I can't.
Tried to pre-order through Game but their website is a broken mess. They're censored anyway - they'll take your money and then not deliver the goods.
I don't think it's even up on Amazon yet - I can't find the product page despite reports that they've apparently sold out. I'm not sure I believe that.
I've registered interest on the Nintendo store so hopefully I'll get an email when they're ready to take orders.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:15 am

paranoid marvin wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:41 pm
Message to Nintendo.. Please release enough mini SNES to satisfy demand. It's not that difficult and many are people who have supported you through good times and bad.
They've already said that production won't continue into next year so it seems that they've learnt sweet FA from the NES Mini fiasco. Your best bet in seeing one will be when CeX has one in their window for £200.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:47 am

One on eBay already for £199 or best offer, the seller has three available, scum of the earth people like this. No interest in the product at all just want to scalp those that are.
I have only just read the announcement about the release date, sold out everywhere so it looks like I've missed out. I am pretty fed up about this, how can it be sold out already.
No doubt a flood of them will go on eBay today, I won't be paying the stupid prices they will be asking. So it looks like I won't be getting one. Pretty sad about that as it's my favourite gaming system ever.
"Time fades even legend..."

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:11 am

Smyths were selling them for £69.99. Not sure if that means Amazon, Game and ShopTo hiked the retail price or if they screwed up. Not complaining either way! Nintendo promise "significantly" larger stock than the Mini Nes. They all seemed to disappear just as quickly.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:29 am

It looks fab, a tough one for me, I have all the games (originals and most boxed) aside FF3, Mana & Earthbound, which I got rid of as not my cuppa tea, I also have a Star Fox 2 cart and Pal,US & Japanese Snes. So would kinda feel like I am wasting money on something I already own. I think if it were a little cheaper I'd have gone for it (if it was actually available anywhere, which it does not seem to be now :()
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:52 am

Definitely some quality in that title line up...although odd number and some head scratching omissions.

Will preorder this one. The Mini NES took some finding when the announcement production was ceasing appeared.

Bring on the N64 :lol:

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 am

Out of stock everywhere, I'd pre-order one if I could find it...

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:00 am

I saw the post (and commented) on the Retrogamer Facebook page regarding the SNES Mini. Not at any point did I think of pre-ordering it there and then. DOH!