Games that hold nostalgia for you

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

miqrojamie

Re: Games that hold nostalgia for you

Post by miqrojamie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:47 am

Donkey Kong Country and F-Zero on the SNES were two of the first games I ever played and are still two of my favourite games to this day so no surprise for me there.
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
My Blog

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:14 am

Way too many to list but a few...
Skool Daze, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Eagles Nest & Inside Outing (C64) used to play these every Saturday morning at my mates house as kids

Gremlins 2 - Amiga - we got this game with our Amiga 500, so played it endlessly.

Drip - Amiga, came free on a cover disc on CU Amiga, a game we would play over and over, my dad was playing it and I remember all us kids making up a song to go with the game music (we even recorded it on cassette)....my dad just carried on playing ignoring us all. haha.

Super Mario Land - GB, a guy in my class at school (who was well know for buying things, getting bored very very quickly and selling them on) let me his GB as I was keen to buy one, I was so confident he would sell it to me, I went out and spent my hard earned savings on Super Mario Land and a battery pack for it. Thankfully come Monday he sold me the Gameboy for £40, later when he found out I'd bought stuff in advance, he told me had he known, he would have charged me £60.....I still have that very game boy with all its box and Mario Land. :)

Starwing - Snes - played this at CES in 1993 I think it was on the Nintendo stands, loved it so much I bought the starwing snes pack the following Monday from WH Smith (I used to get 25% discount)...and so started my love of the snes.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

goldenone

Post by goldenone » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

For me it has to be Wriggler on the ZX Spectrum.

I received the 10 Computer Hits tape along with my 48k+ for Christmas when I was a kid and was desperate to play Harrier Attack however with it all being new to me I couldn't grasp how to get to that game on the tape without loading Wriggler (which sounded weird). Eventually I gave in and played Wriggler....OMG I was blown away and spent weeks & weeks playing it (could never complete it though).

I recently discovered it on an emulator website and still give it a blast now and again....Still plays well too :D

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Terror From the Deep C64

UCM C64

rescue on fractalus C64

Dune Amiga

Magic Pockets Amiga

Push Over Amiga

Switchblade 2 Amiga
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:31 pm

goldenone wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am
For me it has to be Wriggler on the ZX Spectrum.

I received the 10 Computer Hits tape along with my 48k+ for Christmas when I was a kid and was desperate to play Harrier Attack however with it all being new to me I couldn't grasp how to get to that game on the tape without loading Wriggler (which sounded weird). Eventually I gave in and played Wriggler....OMG I was blown away and spent weeks & weeks playing it (could never complete it though).

I recently discovered it on an emulator website and still give it a blast now and again....Still plays well too :D
Yes, I go that pack with my first Speccy, along with Now 1. Some great games there.

Too many nostalgic games for me. but they include include Atic Atac, Mugsy and Psst! (Speccy), Foundations Waste (ST), Frostbite (VCS)
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

will2097

Post by will2097 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm

- Robocop on the Spectrum 128 largely because of the music.
- Escape from Monster Manor and Novastorm on 3DO, largely because I walked 15miles to get them from a west midlands 3DO importer at the time. neither game was particularly astonishing, but I loved them none-the-less.
- Jackal on the arcade. I have a strong memory for where my money is spent. :)
- Final Fantasy 7. I lived further from my parents home than I could (at the time) easily travel, so spent Christmas and New Year 1997 playing the game -- i have no regrets. :D

tachi

Post by tachi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Phantasy Star IV and Suikoden still make me feel warm and elite used to but Elite Dangerous has killed it for me :(
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?