Nintendo Playstation. It lives....

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

nokgod

Nintendo Playstation. It lives....

Post by nokgod » Sun May 07, 2017 1:07 pm

sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Megamixer

Re: Nintendo Playstation. It lives....

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 07, 2017 9:32 pm

That was a cool watch :)

Wonder what Nintendo and Sony think about this thing gradually getting cracked? Game companies are notorious for protecting their secrets and cancelled/failed projects.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

General Opulence

Post by General Opulence » Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Cool its working.

Btw there is no such thing as a 'Nintendo Playstation' the Playstation name has and always was Sony's, this is their 3rd party SNES and CD Drive that could also play Playstation branded multimedia discs, the Nintendo 'SNES drive' has never been unearthed because Nintendo are careful with who they lend prototype stuff too.

I don't know why people get confused, the console itself is branded!

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

General Opulence wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm
Cool its working.

Btw there is no such thing as a 'Nintendo Playstation' the Playstation name has and always was Sony's, this is their 3rd party SNES and CD Drive that could also play Playstation branded multimedia discs, the Nintendo 'SNES drive' has never been unearthed because Nintendo are careful with who they lend prototype stuff too.

I don't know why people get confused, the console itself is branded!
Because its easier. If you call it the Ninteno playstation, then everyone knows what you are talking about.

Just calling it the playstation is just going to cause confusion. Imagine if this thread title was " Playstation, it lives ".

Its just become an unofficial nickname to identify it, nothing to get upset over.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Lol. Never thought the title of the thread would be siezed upon by the pendants.. .but there you go. That's kinda why I don't bother posting much here any more. Seems every sentence is under intense scrutiny by somebody or another ready to pounce.
I just thought it was an interesting article to pass on, that's all. I'll know better next time. :roll:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon May 08, 2017 6:43 pm

nokgod wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm
Lol. Never thought the title of the thread would be siezed upon by the pendants.. .but there you go. That's kinda why I don't bother posting much here any more. Seems every sentence is under intense scrutiny by somebody or another ready to pounce.
I just thought it was an interesting article to pass on, that's all. I'll know better next time. :roll:
Don't worry about it mate, we all knew what you meant. Please don't let it discourage you from posting.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 pm

nokgod wrote:
There are many examples of this lately , far too many. Its gone from an amiable forum to a b1tch slapping d1ck measuring contest between people who seem to have taken the fun out of retro gaming , or just 'threads' settting out to antagonise. Don't let it bother you though Trev - to the rest of us it was an interesting aside about the hobby we purport to enjoy participating in.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon May 08, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm never gonna be far away. I like the smell in here, its kinda like my old gardening shoes in the back of the garage :wink:

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon May 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Dont worry trev, I love ya :o

Eat your nans pants

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Tue May 09, 2017 4:37 am

nokgod wrote:

I know the feeling mate im exactly the same.Sometimes I start typing a reply or start a thread and then I think I know who and what the replies will be so why bother.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink: