Atari Flashback Classics Collections XB1/PS4

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: Atari Flashback Classics Collections XB1/PS4

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 pm

A lot of great titles! 8)
Press Play On Tape

BarbaricAvatar

Post by BarbaricAvatar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm

That's kinda ridiculous. £14.99 for each volume, both have around 50 games. Or shell out £15 total for Activision Anthology and Atari Anthology on PS2 and have ~130 of the best games on two discs with no installation or updates required!
Also i recently played the Atari collection of these and for someone like me who grew up with old systems slightly newer than the 2600, they're just a little too primitive; most being variations of pong or simple action games. If the sets don't hold any nostalgia to you personally then it's possible that you'd be wasting your money on these compilations. Just food for thought.
No, i'm not angry. That's just how i write.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:23 am

BarbaricAvatar wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:58 pm
That's kinda ridiculous. £14.99 for each volume, both have around 50 games. Or shell out £15 total for Activision Anthology and Atari Anthology on PS2 and have ~130 of the best games on two discs with no installation or updates required!
Also i recently played the Atari collection of these and for someone like me who grew up with old systems slightly newer than the 2600, they're just a little too primitive; most being variations of pong or simple action games. If the sets don't hold any nostalgia to you personally then it's possible that you'd be wasting your money on these compilations. Just food for thought.
PSN Sales i got them for about £14 in total

the only ps4 games i am willing to pay full price for anytime soon are space hulk:death wing and the new dragon quest game
This guy are sick

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:07 pm

And don't forget its probably not the same teams working on the same compilations. Knowing Atari's history of the brand being sold and owned by other companies, probably wasnt. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:47 pm

the best collections ever here activision anthology and intellevision lives (I want i want my I want my Intellevision)
This guy are sick