5 games you want to see ported to the Switch

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

pratty

Re: 5 games you want to see ported to the Switch

Post by pratty » Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Sleeping Dogs - Never got the chance to play this but it looked right up my street.

Metroid Prime - The whole trilogy may not be possible to port bbut I'm not gready, just the first one in HD would be fine.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask - The 3DS remakes would be nice to play on the small screen.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect - TS4 ain't gonna happen but a HD remake of TS:FP with a strong online mulitplayer could be decent COD alternative for Nintendo.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon May 01, 2017 8:41 pm

HD F Zero collection featuring all the F Zero games from the N64 to Arcade
HD Metroid collection including the gba games
Bayonetta 2 or Sequel
Neir Automatia I wish
Sadness I know the Wii game is in development purgatory but this would be amazing
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue May 02, 2017 7:31 am

Matt_B wrote:I'll go for:

1. Overwatch

And don't anyone go saying that any of these are technically impossible, as they'll all run on the GPD Win after a fashion. Getting them up and running on the Switch, let alone optimized to its full potential, probably isn't going to be easy but I'd like to see some AAA developers try.
Getting it to run isn't really the issue imo. Overwatch, like most competitive online multiplayer games, needs good comm support and that's not something that's guaranteed on the Switch. Nintendo have already said they're going with some sort of mobile phone app for multiplayer chat. There's no way that's going to be anything other than a complete faff for all concerned.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 pm

The Beans wrote:
Matt_B wrote:I'll go for:

1. Overwatch

And don't anyone go saying that any of these are technically impossible, as they'll all run on the GPD Win after a fashion. Getting them up and running on the Switch, let alone optimized to its full potential, probably isn't going to be easy but I'd like to see some AAA developers try.
Getting it to run isn't really the issue imo. Overwatch, like most competitive online multiplayer games, needs good comm support and that's not something that's guaranteed on the Switch. Nintendo have already said they're going with some sort of mobile phone app for multiplayer chat. There's no way that's going to be anything other than a complete faff for all concerned.
I'm hoping that's just a lost in translation thing. The Switch appears to have the connectivity required for headsets so there doesn't appear to be any good reason why games can't just support chat via the device itself.

Their online service generally needs a lot of fleshing out before they should contemplate actually charging money for it too, despite their stated intentions of doing just that.

VirtuaMuser

Post by VirtuaMuser » Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 am

1. Mario Maker Deluxe- This needs to happen ASAP!
2. Super Smash Bros for Switch - Essentially Super Mash Bros for Wii U Deluxe Edition with all DLC and unlocks !
3. Freedom Planet
4. Overwatch - Have to agree with everyone here
5. Guilty Gear Xrd